Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great weekend on the tube!!
Well i had this all written out and it got screwed up so im gonna make this short haha.
I went out saturday and sunday. saturday i didnt have my camera but i caught 9 bass on a jig n pig and a 4" watermelon tube. they were all caught by the rock piles by the discharge. and all of them were only in the one pound range, nothin really bigger than that.

sunday i started to branch off from the warmer water thats coming out and started to fish other cover that was on the shoreline around the lake and i found a few spots that im going to keep to myself that started to produce some bass in the 3 pound range which is def. a change to what everyones been catching lately. so here are a few of the crappy pics i got. i caught around 10 bass total but didnt get a pic of all because again the camera was dying, i really gotta invest in some batteries[Tongue]

heres kind of some blurry pics of the places im fishing just to give everyone an idea of where im fishing.

[Image: 2ur8ftf.jpg]

you cant see that well but those are rocks against the shore with some wood and grass cover
[Image: 33f9vr9.jpg]

and here are the fish i caught and this first one was one of the bigger ones in the 2 - 3 pound range, didnt have a scale or anything so guess for yourself [Tongue] haha
by the way, all these bass were caught on a 4" strike king tube
[Image: 453wayw.jpg][cool][cool]

[Image: 30cahdg.jpg][:)]

then a littler onee

[Image: 29gjvaf.jpg]

there you can see the power plant in the backround

[Image: 4hrpaf4.jpg]

and here is another of one of my bigger ones

[Image: 4bjntoo.jpg]

heres as i was trying to take a different picture of one of my bigger fish by setting the bass on my lap but it ended up floppin around as soon as i was gonna take it and it went right back into the water haha[Tongue]

[Image: 49ikw1t.jpg]

heres the final fish of the day that was just a babyyyy

[Image: 2yubxq1.jpg]

and this was just before the drive home [Smile]

[Image: 401ph08.jpg]

i had a great day of fishing and there were 2 fish that i missed that were up there with my other big fish. one i managed to see when it jumped and came off and the other right before i left. it just felt lieka hog by the way it weighed down my rod but, i guess i didnt get the hook set just right. it was fun anyways [Smile]
and i assure you all bass were released!!!!
[signature]
Actually, the pictures really aren't too bad. Really cool report though. Looks like you had a busy day. [Tongue]

On the battery thing, I tell you what I did. I went to walmart and spent 20 bucks on one of those rechargable battery kits. Don't get the cheap crap, get a good one. All batteries ARE NOT created equal.

Dude, you wouldn't believe the money I've saved in batteries. I was going through, I betcha, 30 AA batteries a month in the camera alone. It doen't take long to burn them up when you are constantly viewing the pics and plugging it into the computer, etc....

That is an awesome report though. It looks like the "holding the fish out" way of taking pictures prevails everytime. LOL, it's about the easiest way to do it. I can't believe you can find a tube buddy. You could take his camera, and he could take yours. Take pictures of each other, and at the end of the day, give each others camera back. [cool]

It doesn't look like it would be a very deep water hole.
[signature]
Very Nice report Mike!

Wish I would have had the same.

Here's my report from monday:

Went out and fished all of the reeds that were in the water without a bite. Went back over by the dishcharge and picked one up on a crankbait. Then caught one on a jig that was pretty decent right off the rocks. Then caught one on a small trick worm. Then went back over by the reeds and caught a tiny guy on a jig.

Maybe I had such bad luck because it went from 70 degrees back down to 50. Who knows.

Anybody else been out??[cool]
[signature]
Nice report. It looks like it was a very nice day to fish. Its nice to see catch and release fisherman wack those bass. Hopefully this weekend will be the same. last weekend I was supposed to go but ended up putting carpet in my stepdads basement. I was happy to help but the day was soooooo nice. Oh well, I am clear for this weekend though. I have some new crankbaits that need some paint bumped off by nice bass.[Smile]
I hope Curt and yourself will join up with the Badland Bass Bandits. The club is a great way to increase your skills, increase the skills of others, promote Catch and Release, and make new fishing friends with ton of secret spots. One guy in the club caught a 7.4 ounce Bass out at nelson 2 or 3 weeks ago (released of course).

James
[signature]
I have heard only a little about this bass bandits club thing. do you have more info on it, ect......it would be nice to meet some more people around north dakota that fish for bass because i only know a couple other people that fish like i do.
[signature]
well curt, hows the weather lookin for this weekend?? do you think we could make a trip out to nelson and catch some lunkers haha??[cool]
[signature]
I'm hoping to have quite a few more reports for this weekend! As long as the weather cooperates i'll be good and i should have a bunch more pics of all the fish im going to catch LOL!! [Wink]

Good luck to everyone else!! [cool]
[signature]
I hope everyone has a chance to get out this weekend. It stinks when you get "land locked" when the weather is suppose to be nice. [Sad] I know here, it's suppose to be around the mid 70'S all weekend, so it's perfect. [cool] I don't think i'll make it to the ocean as it's calling for 5' seas. That's just enough to make it not fun. You can't fish when you're spending the entire time trying to hold on to something. LOL

I just hope the river isn't as busy as it was last weekend. There must have been 30 boats in only a couple mile stretch of river. That might not sound like much, but this river is small, barely a 100 yards wide. It makes it hard to fish when there are a bunch of Goones flying around. [crazy] I can't stand a disrespectful boater. You're suppose to slow down when you go by an anchored boat, not these guys. Sometimes I wish they had forgotten to put the plug in. [Tongue]

I hope to get a couple nice cats for the frying pan! Sorry james, I know you're hard core catch and release. [Smile] I mostly catch and release too. I let go all the bass I catch, I keep all the crappie I catch, and only catch bream for live bait. I also let go most of the catfish I catch, and only keep one or two to feed the hungry mouths. I'm picky though. I never keep the big ones. I figure they did something right to live as long as they did to get big, so I let them go to catch another day. I'll keep anything between 10 and 20 pounds. Anything smaller I let go to grow, anything bigger, refer to the last sentence. [cool] And after two they all get put back.

I'm going to have the camera with me this weekend as well, granted I get on the water. If nothing else, i'll take a couple pictures of the river and maybe I can get one of my ugly mug and a nice cat.
[signature]
I not opposed to keeping pan fish like bluegill and crappie[Wink]. I do it sometimes too. I generally only release LM bass and SM bass. When I lived in FL I would keep one red fish between 18-27inches. I love blackened redfish. As for the ocean, well its so big keeping a few isnt going to hurt anything. the big Nets are what hurt the ocean fishery. I catch and release most of the time but every now and then I take home a walleye for dinner. I see you catch kings and Wahoo. I have never caught one of those before. I have however have caught a 26in 6lb spec sea trout, snook, 20lb redfish, hooked a few tarpoon [shocked] broke my line every time, and plenty of Jack Cravele.
[signature]
Well, you're ahead of me. The only spot tails i've caught were on accident.

I do target kings and previously target alot of wahoo when I had the ability to reach them. Now that i'm back in SC, the boat is pretty limited with it's reach. I lived on Guam for quite some time, and it made it easy to target Pelagic species since the blue water was all around the island.

I've never eatten red fish either. I love blackened fish, maybe i'll get a chance to give it a try this year. Got a good recipe?

[cool]
[signature]
Wow a 7 pounder!![shocked]

Do you have a picture of it?!?!
[signature]
Just imagine pulling one in out on our tubes.
def gotta see a pic of that one! [cool]
[signature]