Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintah Flies
I have not fished the uintahs much as I am realitively new to Utah and do most my fishing on bigger waters such as the Provo, Weber, and Logan. What are some of the necessary summer patterns to dry fly fish with up in the Uintah's? thanks for the help.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Dry Flies, Ants, Smaller Hoppers, Beetles, Royal Wulff's and Humpy's and of course Adams and Griffiths.[/size][/black]
[signature]
In the summer in the Uintas, attractor patterns rule. Flygoddess mentioned para adams and royal wulff. I agree 100%, but consider simulators as well and in my experience the most consistent dry fly pattern in the Uintas is the venerable renegade. And if you are fishing high Uinta lakes try fishing a red serendipity just under the surface film. But don't tell anyone I mentioned that last one.[Wink]
[signature]
I agree with the above replies. I particularly like caddis and humpies for the Uinitas. Hoppers are a lot of fun in late summer and earlier fall. You guys are getting me psyched for mountain fishing in the summer. If you are new to the area don't overlook the North Slope of the Uintas.
[signature]
Anything that floats will do just fine.
what areas are good on the North Slope and how do I get over there?
[signature]
Excellent patterns!
Also add Parachute adams, Mosquito, grizzly hackle yellow. For the lakes Brown or black wooly worm.

I like Christmas Meadows
[signature]
Hey Flies Only it's all good on the North Slope. However my favorite streams are Henry's Fork, Black's Fork and Smiths Fork and the tributaries to the last 2. There are many ways to drive up there but the simpliest is to take I-80 West to exit 39 and drive south to Mountain View Wyoming and take a right in town and follow 410 toward Robertson (or past Robertson if you're going to the Blacks). You'll turn right off 410 onto gravel roads heading North but it just depends where your going. Just get Delorme or other good maps for Wyoming and Utah and you should be able to find your way. Don't forget to stop and try any stream no matter how small when you pass them if you aren't in a hurry. Avoid trying to take the North Slope road all the way back to Mirror Lake Highway no matter how much of a short cut you may think it is.
[signature]