Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fountain Valley’s Mile Square Park Hosts Sixth Annual Free Kids Fishing Derby
[size 1][size 3][black][font "Times New Roman"]Fountain Valley’s Mile Square Park Hosts Sixth Annual Free Kids Fishing Derby[/font]
[/black][/size][font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[/size][size 2][black][font "Times New Roman"]FOUNTAIN VALLEY – The Orange County Department of Harbors Beaches and Parks along with Western Fishing & Boating Radio will be hosting the sixth annual Free Kids Fishing Derby at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley. This event is on Saturday, March 31, 2007 with fishing starting at 9:00am sharp. The lucky angler who catches the largest trout will win a prize package worth over $500. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]“Every young angler will go home with a prize” states Steven Fukuto, one of the hosts of Western Fishing & Boating Radio. “And, after fishing, everyone can enjoy a free hot dog barbecue courtesy of Sam’s Club in Fountain Valley.” There are three age divisions: 7 years and under; 8 to 11years and 12 to 15 years of age. “The competition is stiff, and the younger age group, as well as the young lady anglers has been dominating the scoreboard over the past few years” Fukuto added. Registration begins at 7:00am. The derby runs from 9:00 to 12:00pm followed by the lunch and awards ceremony hosted by the crew of Western Fishing & Boating Radio. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]“We appreciate the generous support from the local community,” stated Joanne Taylor, the Park Ranger at Mile Square Park. The California Department of Fish and Game’s “Fishing in the City Program” will be on hand to provide valuable information on California fishing regulations and marine education. They will have a limited amount of loaner rod and reels available for young anglers. Parents must provide proper identification for loaner rods to be issued for their kid. On the lists of sponsors are: Orange County Board of Supervisors, Orange County Department of Harbors Beaches and Parks, Mile Square Park, Western Fishing & Boating Radio, Sam’s Club, Carl’s Jr, 7-Eleven (10950 Warner at Euclid), Smart & Final, South Bay Lady Anglers, and many more. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Western Fishing & Boating Radio also hosts a free kids fishing derby on the famous Huntington Beach Pier in August. More information about all of these derbies can be found at www.wfbradio.com. Western Fishing & Boating Radio can be heard on AM830 KLAA throughout in Southern California every Thursday night from 8 to 10pm with your hosts Steven Fukuto, Gayle Johnson, Dan Fink and Jim Klark.[/font] [Wink]
[/black][/size]
[signature]
That sounds like it will be loads of fun for everyone that attends. Good luck with the event and be sure to get us some pictures like you did in the past.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][unsure]Unfortunately, Bob Marriott's Fly Fishing store has their Spring Fly Fishing Educational Expo on the same day. Can't be in two places at one time. Now TN2 don't ask me why.[Wink][/size][/green][/font] [center][#ffffff][size 5][/size][/#ffffff] [/center]
[signature]
We can always wait for the pictures. WFB does a good job with the photography.[Wink]
[signature]
I would encourage any of our members in the greater Orange County area to help with this very worthwhile event. Please email at [url "mailto:deckhand@wfbradio.com"]deckhand@wfbradio.com[/url] and I will send you a parking pass. Thank you
[Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]

I am looking for volunteers for the derby that will be held Saturday March 31, 2007 at the north lake of Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley . Registration starts at 7:00am. Setup at 6:00am
Volunteers are needed to assist in registration with the kids, providing assistance along the lake during the derby, be watchful to enforce that parents do not fish for the kids, and help in assembling the raffle prizes for the kids.
The South Bay Anglers will be there to cook hot dogs for the kids and I am sure they would not turn down any assistance. It will be a fun day and the hot dogs are on me!
For those who can help, have them send a email with their email address and I will email them a parking pass for the day.
Thanks
[signature]