Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spring fever
fishing licenses are going up mi ,doubling[pirate]
[signature]
hope you got yours before they go up...

I got mine already at regular price, I am thinking I should have gotten my hunting license when I picked up my fishing license...
[center]here, maybe this will help with the feaver[/center] [center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6513/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: croak.jpg][/url][/center][/center]
[signature]
which town?

always remember to stay focused on the basics.

always open at 5 am to at least 8pm 24/7 360

varrying your hours is confusing to your coustomers. the regulars are going fishing and are on the road by 3-4 in the morning. if your guest have to guess as to weather or not to take the chance on if they should stop by your shop in the morning or evening they will go some where else.

bait is your best seller.

always buy in bulk and package your self. you need to make up for the time you are spending in the store being open since you wont be drawing an hourly wage. so by counting hooks, snaps, sinkers, ect.... in to packages and labeling the package with your lable that has your address, phone and either a web or forum address.

tie any leaders or rigs your self

put on a thirty cup pot of coffee in the morning, you will sell it on good days. on poor weather days use instant for your self and put in a microwave.

talk to your local donut shop to see if you can get a deal on donuts in the morning for weekends, if an angler can get away with one stop he will, and if you have what he wants every morning you will sell it.

"bring in a soda machein" Much easier to keep stocked... and a you get a good return on your investment. "cans are the way to go"

ask your guest what quanitities they want to buy bait in... and if posible stock counts of that size. if you dont feel it is advantagous for you to stock in large quantities, always let your gust know you can order it and have it in and what day it will come in. If you dont sell to them in large quantities, they will go some where else to get the quantities of prefferance. [indent]
if you dont want to take the time to run a servey then put a sign up next to your coolers where bait is stored and let them know you will be happy to order larger count boxes for them.

you may as well because if you dont, they will spend the extra couple dollars to drive out of the way to get what they want... * I cant emphisize that enough....
[/indent]

I can give you more if you wouldnt mind registering as a member... you can do so by clicking on the link in this reply...

one last key note, running a bait store must be your life. if it isnt then you are going into the wrong business...
[signature]
The geese are in whats left of the corn feilds , some lakes are open , others still got a little ice on them .
the pup tried making a new friend today , a quill pig .
both just checked each other out and then went on their merry way .
[signature]
I didnt realize it was you posting not logged in,

hope you will remember to use us as your port and share fishing reports with us and let us know how your shop goes...
[signature]
still trying to get the hang of this
[signature]