Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Got on the River
Hit the South Fork of the Ogden today and had some therapy. Did really well. For the first time ever I did not catch one brown. I caught white fish, splake, and a beautiful 15" cutt. It was a pure cut not a cutbow. I did have some browns and rainbows on the line but they pulled off just at the net. I guess I could count them but I won't. It snowed on us, but that didn't seem to matter. The river is running clear and the fish are willing.

katghoti.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Thanks so much for the report katghoti, and really glad to hear you feel well enough to go fishing.....IN THE SNOW![mad][Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
had no idea ff'ers fished in the snow.. now the irony of reading this post is at the same time I am watching a segment of 4 guys who are fishing in a steam while everything around them is blanketed in snow.. in Colorado.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Some of my more tranquil times was fishing the Snoqualmie in the dead of winter. Really an enjoyable experience. Cutts were about the only ones willing to test my bait.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Just wait till you get the chance to go ice fishing with a fly rod. You start by making a 10inch hole. Then you take about 40 paces back. Use your normal cast and make sure you have a good sinking tip line.[Tongue]
[signature]
I can barely get my line cast out in a huge lake... what do you think my chances are of hitting a 10" hole in the ice in the dead of winter is going to be... [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Several years ago I was visiting my aunt in Seattle area and we took a drive up to snowqualmie falls.. it is simply an awesome site to see.. saw a few anglers plying their trade just below the falls.. amazing to watch... we even bought a puzzle of the falls that we put together and then framed and hung in the office..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Now get a great picture of you casting and PHOTO shop it in the puzzle[Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool].. that is actually a great idea.. I just may have to do that... or something similar...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Good on ya John. Glad you got out and had a good time. Sounds like i need to try it next week.
BTW: When is the peak of the stoneflies on the SF?
[signature]
I think there is one in February, the next is later in June. Sportsmans on Riverdale is good for knowing when. Usually it is two weeks after the stones hit the upper Ogden below the dam. Keep me informed, I have some size 10 larva lace stones I tied that do well. Also as size 10 prince does a good job as well.

katghoti.
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]