Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pawley's island

[signature]
Hey Ron, the writing didn't show up in your post!
[signature]
don't know what happened sorry just wondering if anyone had done any fishing in the pawley's island area
[signature]
Oh, OK. I don't know what happened either. A glitch in the system maybe.

But, anyhoo, for your question. I, for one, have fished pawleys island before. I always walked out to the point and fished where the canal and the ocean run into each other. To be perfectly honest, it's been so long since i've been there, I forgot how to get there. LOL I fished with a flounder rig and a live shrimp. The black drum and trout are THICK in the deep holes of the canal.

I'd actually like to try it out again sometime. This time of year is the best time to fish it.
[signature]
Mmmmm................For the sheepshead, if you don't have a boat, you're stuck to either walking out on the rocks of the jetties from Huntington State Park or fishing the piers. If it were me, i'd walk out to the jetties because you've got a better chance of catching them plus some other species of fish at the same time. You could toss out a live pinfish on the ocean side for something big while you work the rocks for sheepshead with some live fiddler crabs.

If you're not up to the walk, head to the pier and work the pilons with live fiddlers.

Take a moment and register with the site guest! WE'd love to have your inputs on the boards, especially this one. [cool]
[signature]
my computer must be in a bad mood my 1st post didn't show up and the next said i was a guest which i am not will see how this post lists me by the way, my friend and i will be in a boat sorry for leaving out that piece of info
[signature]
No worries Ron, my computer acts goofy sometimes too. [Tongue]

I've never fish Pawleys from a boat, so I don't know what to tell you on that one. I would say when you go, make sure and post the info so we'll all know next time. I wouldn't know where to put the boat in at or anything. Let us know, I might pull my boat down there one day.

Oh, and don't forget the fishing report! [cool]
[signature]
will do looking forward to going hope the weather has settled into a warm pattern by then maybe i will have a good report too
[signature]
Let me know if you find anything out between now and then. Maybe I can pull my boat down and fish that same area. My son would like to check out pawleys, he's never fished there. I'll give my buddy a call in murrells inlet and see if he knows anything about the area.

Thanks Ron!
[signature]
Cool Beans! [cool]
[signature]
t-bone,plan on going down the end of the month. hoping the weather pattern has settled in for the long run. have you ever tried catching sheepshead in that area? i hope to fish murrell's inlet and pawley's. i will post a report as soon as i get back. i hope i can give you a good report.
[signature]
Hey there T bone. The mullet won't start running for probably another month or so; maybe longer. THe way the weather is jumping back and forth, it may slow down thier northern migration. As soon as they start to arrive, i'll make sure and share that info. I'm also waiting for the Menhaden to start showing up. Those make for some excellent bait for many species.

Where you from T bone?
[signature]
thanks for the info. where exactly is the north bridge located? do you know where any public boat landings are in the area?
[signature]
Thanks for the info partner. I take it this is "T Bone?" Anyhoo....

Like Ron, i'd be interested in the location of the bridge and a possible boat landing there. It's litterly been over 10 years since i've fished that area, so I can't remember anything about it.

Thanks alot!
[signature]
You have a north and south bridge, just 2. You turn left off 17 at first Pawley Island sign you come to going south on 17. The bridge is walking distance from the stop light. You will more then likely see people on the bridge. You will see where people park on side of road. There is a boat landing. Go across the north bridge take left at end of road. Go to the end of that road and boat landing is on your left. The water on the south bridge is not deep enough for any good fishing. Someone asked about sheephead. I touched on that a little but forgot one thing, you can't really get up under it when the tide is high.
[signature]
Thanks for the info T bone! That kinda rings a bell now. I remember fishing that first bridge years ago, but its just been so long. LOL I might just have to give it a try this season. I know saltwaterron is heading down there before too long, i'm sure we can expect a great fishing report then. [cool]
[signature]
i am getting a little concerned about the weather pattern. was hoping air and water temps would be somewhat normal by now. i am planning on going down the afternoon of the 25th. that's about a 10 day window. maybe things will improve.
[signature]
Well, I figure if the weather will stay consistant for a about a week or so, it should be OK. It won't be prime time, but atleast the fish won't be in shock from a constant change in temp. The water temp going up and down all the time really screws things up. It affects spawning and migration patterns. The fish get Confused and don't know what to do. LOL I dunno, darnedest thing i've ever seen. I guess that global warming thing is taking it's toll. If I were to guess though, I'd say you'll be fine by the end of this month. [cool]
[signature]