Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get ready with aerial photos
Sonar is vital to see under the surface, but what you really need is a bird's eye view of your lake. Satellite photos will open your eyes to unseen treasures, whether the lake is old or new. And I've found FREE software that easily supplies aerial photos! I just moved near a new lake and haven't yet gotten any word of mouth on how to fish it. There wasn't much on the Web, so naturally I grabbed a fishing map out of Wal-Mart. It provided some key info, but nothing like aerial photos. They often will let you see things not otherwise possible. Such as the exact course of a river as it empties into a lake. Or underwater roads not noted on maps. Trees show up as shadows on the water. Currents sometimes are visible. And often you get to see how the lake looks at a different level. Perhaps, as a more technologically advanced angler, you already know about such free software. I'm not selling the program or in any way connected with it. I'm just excited after discovering several underwater features not on the map. So if you're interested, email me at [url "mailto:writeanswer@writeme.com"]writeanswer@writeme.com[/url] and I'll point the way without delay or obligation.
[signature]