Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with this weather?!?!
Who could have ever guessed, the day i just wanted to spend fishing would end up like this!?
This is what i had to wake up to haha
[Image: 2jcc66d.jpg]
This is just a picture that was sent into the bismarck tribune today.
But cmon!! snow!??! haha i thought it was spring and turning into summer!
i sure hope its not like this all weekend or i dont know what i'm going to do!
[signature]
I was going to fish on sat morning, w/ my boat but now I can't. The wife has my sunday all planned and I have to work sat morning now b/c of the weather.[unsure] I feel your pain. This weather really sucks. now I guess I will have to settle for Hiddenwood lake if its thawed out enough. smallmouth and pike will have to do for now.
[signature]
i'm still waitin for this weather to warm up.
i barely got out this weekend!!!! [Sad]
[signature]
LOL, I third the weather thing. Here we are having 80 degree weather until Wed, then it's suppose to drop back down to the lower 60's through the weekend. What's up with that? Talk about screwing up the fishing. [crazy]

Sounds like James only gets one day a weekend for fishing. LOL< I know that's how it is for me. One day is hers, one day is mine. If i'm lucky, I get to choose.

I got skunked this weekend, my son caught 2 bream and I caught one. I was planning on catching some big cats, but no body was home. I even had some purdy goldfish for bait, but nothing. I've never gone catfishing and not caught something. I guess the high water and weird weather is really screwing things up.

We need to do a petition and send it to mother nature. [cool]
[signature]
It's crazxy how we can go from near 80s back down to the 30s![Sad]

What do you usually catch the smallmouth on?
[signature]
hey curt, maybe we should hit up fish creek!! smallmouth fishing is prob starting to pick up.
i'm thinkin either that or getting smelt and going over to the creek to catch that monster you missed [Smile]
[signature]
I think if I remember right last year on april 1st I went out to fish creek and caught a whole bunch of LM bass on jigs. I'm pretty sure it was the 1st or maybe a little bit after.
[signature]
well what are we waiting for?!
we need to get out there!
[signature]
Well it's even worse now.

Went out to a little dam with bassmaster and fished for a while with plastics really slow around any cover and dropoffs we could find. but we didn't even get a bite, i think the water is a bit to cold still.

It started snowing when we were out there and by the time we left there was an inch of snow on the ground. today it looks like we have 4 inches! so i'm really getting bummed out by this weather. i want to catch some bass!
[signature]
I'd settle for anything right about now. What sucks is today and tommorrow are going to be absolutely beautiful, and i've gotta work. LOL, man, that sucks donkey buttocks. [Tongue]

It never fails, when the weekend gets here, the weather turns south. Murphy's Law I suppose. So, I have to fight for every chance I get to hit the water. Rain is no biggie, as both my boats have a bimini top. But, rough water will stop me in my tracks in the ocean, and high water puts the fish into lock jaw mode in the river. I actually prefer to fish during a light sprinkle on the river. I've had my best luck then. The best is when there is a light drizzle on the ocean, while the sun is still out. LOL< It'll be sunshining away, and the air will be so humid it'll start to softly rain. It's like a gift from the heavens on a hot, sunny, humid day.
[signature]
Yeah I know what you mean. In the summer here it is always nice during the week but once that weekend hits it will be either storming or really high winds. Not always but it happens pretty often.

I've fished in the rain before but havent had much luck in it.[pirate] Just catching a cold[Tongue]
[signature]