Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I tie Creme Silverside Minnow
[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Ntt=Creme Silverside Minnow&QueryText=Creme Silverside Minnow&noImage=0"]Creme Silverside Minnow[/url] [Image: spacer.gif]
[/b]
[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031009119506a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Creme+Silverside+Minnow&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Creme+Silverside+Minnow&noImage=0"][Image: i119506sm01.jpg][/url]
[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031009119506a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=Creme+Silverside+Minnow&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Creme+Silverside+Minnow&noImage=0"]Cream Tied Silverside Minnow[/url]
$1.99 Above is how the
Silverside minnow looks on Cabela's site.

I'd like to tiesomething like it, even if it is only similar in the silver body material.
I wonder if anyone here could make some suggestions as to material, and I am uncertain what the eyes might be made of. Would you skip the eye?
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there yaxisx and welcome to the FF&T board. I can't tell you how to tie your questionable "fly" - but why not try a Clouser Minnow. Not only is much more popular but it is a snap to tie. If you are interested I will try to get a video for you on this site. Perhaps one of our other tiers might have visual instructions on how to tie your Cream Silverside Minnow. Are you looking to spin cast this "lure" for I don't believe it is in the fly category. Rather heavy for a fly. [/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23148;][/center]
[signature]
Dryrod,

This may actually be a spincast lure, in which case, the Clouser will do just fine for a minnow imitation. I'll look forward to some instructions on tying it. Thanks. You sure responded fast!
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi yaxisx - I sent you a PM re the Clouser Minnow video.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Depending on where on the Cabela's site you found that minnow, should tell you if it is a fly or a bait. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If you wanted to tie up a fly like that, they are usually tied by building up the body of the fly with any material, when you get it to the size you desire, you them slip a piece of mylar tubing over the body, and finish it off with epoxy. (head and tail are applied in the normal fashion).[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Depending on how you want to fish it, you could either fish it on a sinking line, or wrapping the hook with lead wire. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Imitation minnow flies are very effective, and usually catch larger predatory fish. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Actually, you can tie them up in sizes and shapes to match any minnow, and prior to applying the epoxy, paint them with things like sharpie pens to match the minnow that you are trying to simulate.[/size]

[size 3]If you really want to get big time, you should add red gills and eyes, both of these seem to make the flies more effective.[/size]

[size 3]Let us know (with pictures) if you tie some of these.[/size]

[size 3]good luck[/size]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Even add some Marabou to the top front to float over th whole body for more movement.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I was wondering if they used mylar tubing for the body. And if so they make it look so neat & smooth. Mine comes out looking like it alrady went through the fish's digestive dystem. LOL[Tongue] Hey there Saberfish instead of a epoxy coating on the body try E-Z Shape Sparkle Body. Once dry it can even be sanded for a smoother finish.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]