Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sad Day In Harrisville
I took my 10 year old daughter out this morning fishing.

I almost had to remove her by force from the house.

We fished for an half an hour maximum.

She complained the entire time.

She told me NONE of her friends fish with their dads.
She thought she was too old to go fishing from now on.....

I only have one kid.....my wife hates fishing.

It is a SAD day indeed in Harrisville.

Sad
[signature]
[black][size 3]That really is a Sad thing. Being a girl, I can't understand why so many do not LOVE fishing. Got to be something in the jeans.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I'm lucky as my 9 and 5 year old granddaughters still love to fish. But remember we all can't have the passion all the time. Perhaps she'll come around after she's through the teens. But no matter she's blood and all blood may not fish as bad as we do. My own daughter never took to fishing as her daughters have. You may just have to wait a bit for that picture.
[signature]
That is Sad. I've done what I can to make it fun for my daughter. She is 5 and dads buddy still. Her pole is pink and being with the family is more important than doing things right. Splashes from rocks are better then fishing alone.

Sounds like I need to spend more afternoons like last week with her if I want to have her fish with me in her teens.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Keep the faith Spinner.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I raised a boy and a girl, and tried to expose them to all of my likes and activities. Both started playing golf at an early age, and were naturals, but, Sad for me, neither of them really got interested. However, the fishing exposure did take. Both like fishing, and the daughter who is married with two children is fanatical about it. She even taught her husband to fish, and they share it with their kids.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]All that a parent can do is push them gently, make it as enjoyable as possible. Sometimes it involves going the extra mile, I remember when the daughter was in her early teens, I would fill the motor home with all her friends just to get her to spend the weekend fishing with her mother and myself.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]As they get older, they drift in and out of your life activities depending upon where their interests are.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Just keep the faith and maintain the best relationship possible with her.[/size]
[signature]
I'm sorry to hear about that Spinner. I too couldn't get my daughter interested one bit in fishing. On the other hand, my son loves fishing and now works in the fishing industry.

I took my son quite awhile to even get interested. Once he got bit by the bug, .......... nuff said.[cool]
[signature]
Sorry to hear that spinner. I am fortunate that my older son loves fishing as much as I do. I'm still waiting on my newest addition to get old enough to go fishing yet, i'm already working on "hooking" him at an early age. [Smile]
[signature]
Hang in there Spinner.
You may have other children, and sooner or later grandchildren. Believe it or not grandchildren are even more fun than children! maybe we have more patience when we are older. I have enjoyed fishing with all my kids, and several of my grandkids. Can't say I enjoyed one more than the others. Each of them are different. One goes into Golf, one to bowling, one into something else,but the time spent fishing or any other sport is priceless!![Wink]
Tanner has been a special challenge, He loves fishing and fish. he studies them on the internet. He has even made a large book about fish, with pictures and drawings, and facts about fish.
Both sport and deep ocean creatures. Problem is His ADHD. If the fish aren't biting right now, he wants to move to another lake or stream. Fly fishing has been good for him, it keeps him busy, but he wants to catch every type of fish there is and every way there is to fish. More questions than ten fishermen can answer! Gotta love it!
[signature]
Hey grandpa,

Is it just me, or is every kid these days diagnosed with that ADHD? My son has it too. But I think it might be a little bit of BS too. You know, I was a hyper kid as well, but instead of the pills they are pushing these days, I got the broad side of a leather belt accross my rear end. It worked just as good, but with out the medical side affects and the costly pharmacy bills.

But, it seems these days, the old school book of hard love is out the window and they are trying to fix everything with a prescription. This just goes to show how times are changing so much. I'm no grandfather, as my oldest son is 11, but just in my few years things have changed . Maybe kids are so hyper these days because they're too busy with video games or watching TV. They can't play outside because the grass and trees have been replaced with concrete jungles of buildings and shopping centers. Even in our schools...............My sons school's idea of gym is walking for 15 minutes once a week. What is that? When I was in school, we had a full blown Gym class. Sit ups, push ups, running, the whole nine yards. We can't even say the pledge of allegence anymore.
[signature]
That IS Sad. I would beg my dad to take me fishing when i was little, but he was always to busy.......[:/]
[signature]
If you ever get this way....

give me a shout 23...

I will take you.

Len
[signature]
she,ll come around bro ,thay aways do
[signature]
Thats sucks!! My 12 year old daughter loves to go fishing me with me all the time. Sometimes i have to tell her we cant go and she nags me about not going all day long!! [Tongue] My son on the other hand will only go if i promise him to take him were he will catch perch. Maybe you should have started taking her when she was younger.
[signature]
my deapest and sincerest condolences.

there is not much greater loss than that of a fishing buddy...

as for her statement you can tell her that thier dads dont take their girls fishing because they are trying to get away from thier girls.

on your next trip out, Say to her, It is my loss this day to loose my best fishing buddy. I love you, I wont make you do anything that you think you should not be doing. Hand her fishing rod to her and say put these things away, but should you ever need to talk to me, there is always room on the river for one more angler...

When ever you need me, when ever you want something what ever it is, you will always be able to find me on the river, that is where I will be...
[signature]
Some of the brightest and most intelligent of our youths have been diagnosed with ADHD; this includes our current president of the United States.

Teacher’s psychologists give kids this label when they do not want to deal with any kid that is not an automaton. Kids who are board, and show no interest in the class being thought. Such is the world of 1984. if you don’t fit the mold then you are broken. Some of us are born to be artist, some bricklayers, some scholars, some teachers, and some monsters to remind us of what we once were.

[signature]