Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable Report
My Pal (A.K.A. Bruce )from the Beaverton bowling alley and myself hit the Au Sable today .
A few hard starts with the moter should have given us a clue as to how the fishing would be . We ran on one lung all day .
We launched from the whirlpool and headed up just to the bridge . We decided that that was about as far as we would push it with all the shore anglers we were encountering .
We bounced from bend to bend ,stopping long enough to get in a few dozen drifts in the holes and along the gravel . Baits used were fresh steelhead spawn , fresh brown trout spawn , salmon eggs from last fall and some wax worms .
Every angler we encuontered along the way gave a thums down as to luck with the fish , we did the same .
There were a few shiner minnows in one of the bends shallows , we fished that hole the hardest . Kinda figured something big must be in the hole to keep them out of it . Not one bump .
When we beached back at the launch we talked to another boater , Mr. J from Saganaw , he had covered from river down to the train tressle and up again , his luck was about the same as ours .

Saw a couple bald eagles , way cool . Terific scenery , and peace and quiet , relaxing to say the least .
Well tomorow starts the 16 species contest , maybe I'll hit the Manistee in the morning for a cromer .
[signature]
Bruce making the bags

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23209;]
[signature]