Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my ice fishng winter went like this
[left]Started out kinda slow but it picked up..
a few of you know that i left catch-n as a pro staffer but picked up ice team as a power stick which in turn means i still promot ice fishing just not only in minnesota heres a few of the pic't i took this winter dates not in order so please bear with me..
2007 TWP 24'' walleye on mile lacs [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23187;] [/center] [left]
then i had DDR up for a long weekend to lake of the woods and on the way home we stoped at upper red lake to catch these nice walleyes first one is a 20''? maybe been so long ago i don't remember
[/left] [center][Image: 30January2007009.jpg][/center] [left]
and then this one a nice [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23188;]
[/center] [left]
then it was about 3 weeks ago i caught this nice 13'' crappie around the mille lacs area [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23189;] [/center] [left]
with 3 of us fishing weended up with our limint [/left] [left] [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23190;]

[/center] [left]now i'm just waiting for the darn ice to melt off the river banks so i can get back to river fishing for the summer [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23191;][/center] [left]

thats my winter..
how was yours ?
[/left]
[signature]
Was a good year. I fished 4 lakes that I had never fished before. Added 3 new species of fish to the list of fish caught. Caught 4 species of fish through the ice that I had caught before but never through the ice. Met a lot of new BFT members. Was a good season but can't wait to try out the new float tube.
[signature]
Nice picts wish I had as dood. did not get out much from Jan. to a few weeks ado when there was no more ice.
[signature]
Did'nt make it out to much , cause of the kids hockey schedule , but as you see on my Canada Trip post , I had a few good times !! But your right , I can't wait for open water ! Was at my parents place this weekend , and the lake they live on was melted out about 100 yds , so it won't be long !!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/data/500/medium/132.jpg"][Image: 132.jpg][/url]

[signature]
well, the rat dood is one up on me, I have yet to pull a walleye out of a hole in the ice, dont know if it is impatients or what, or maybe it is I will spend one or maybe two days on them per winter, I do like my gills and crappie,

I see your mess looked much like mine, 4-6 nice big ones, and a pile of avarage sized ones... respectable catch any day of the week..
[signature]
What you don't see is me taking pic's of the 4'' dink perch that i also catch [Smile] by the hunreds [Sad]
[signature]
I did that one day this year. I took an hour to pull up about 50 4-6 inch stunted perch full of eggs.

I wanted the eggs for spawn bags and the perch to make cut bait...
[signature]
Ahh yes, the never-elusive 4 inch perch. I had my share of them on a lake that I fished thru the ice for the first time this past winter. Couldn't seem to catch anything larger than 5 inches. It's illegal to use any gamefish parts for bait here in MN so no perch for cutbait for us! If ya wanna catch one of them walleye, make sure they're bigger, or smaller, than the ones I'm holding. They were caught on Upper Red Lake where there's strict slot limits. Iceman failed to tell ya that he caught the biggest walleye of that day... almost large enough to be out of the throwback slot limit. Didn't have the camera handy when he caught it. Shame on me. [Tongue]
[signature]
ya, you have to be quick on the draw with the camera when the temps drop down to zero...

you almost have to pull it and start geting it ready before the fish is out of the water..

I keep mine in my shirt pocket inside of my coat to keep the batteries from freezin up and dieing on me....

we have such a productive walleye hatchery we are foutunate enough to be able to keep any thing over 15 inches. but in most areas we have been reduced to 4 or 5 on the creel limit depending on where you are launching your boat from. "michigan" we launch our boats from the U.S. side and go over to canada to fish, they have a greater creel limit than we do, but when we come back in to dock we can only have what the limit is for where we launched from..
[signature]