Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report
Couple buddies and I hit the road around 4:45 this morning for the Gorge. We got in the water around 8:30 and headed out to Antelope Flats. We did some jigging for a few hours with no success!!![Sad] We did see two different trolling "charter guide" boats hook up and another two "non-guide" boats bring in some nice Mack's but nothing for us!!! Oh well better luck next time huh? Anyhow, the wind started to really blow around 11:30 so we made a "B-Line" for the boat ramp, but once we got there we noticed that the wind was not as bad, so we decided to hang around the shore and fish with some Rapala's nailed a few rainbows with the biggest being 23" my buddy caught. We loaded the boat up and went North to Buckboard and did the same there since the wind was bad, just floated along shore with our Rapala's and nailed the rainbows. We only got a dozen or so, but it was better then packing up and saying we got skunked after the 3 hour drive!!! Be back for sure the 14th.
TS signing off!!!
J A K
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report TS, too bad the big boys didn't want to play today but I'm sure the bows were better than nothing. Could you see any ice North of Buckboard? WH2
[signature]
Great report. A few nice bows are better than nothing for sure. [Smile]
[signature]
I dont think there is any ice on the Gorge to be honest with you. We set out of Buckboard and went North against the Cliffs to stay out of the wind and we almost made it to the Confluence, but turned around because of course it flattened out and the wind beat us up, but once again we did not see any ice up there.
TS
[signature]
Nice report, thanks. We are headed that way Wed/Thurs of this next week. Did you see any trollers hook up?
[signature]
Check out Trout_Slayers post again, he said"[size 1] We did see two different trolling "charter guide" boats hook up and another two "non-guide" boats bring in some nice Mack's but nothing for us!!! "[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Your a lucky guy. I remember when a 23 inch "bow" was quite a catch on my fly rod. The worst of times spent on FG are still best of times because the Gorge will make a fisherman evolve and become better, tougher, wiser.
[signature]
Sorry, you are right. Reading BFT on my mobile phone is a little tough. late
[signature]
No problems, just thought you missed that part of his report.
[signature]
Nice report, thanks for the info.
[signature]