Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 3/31
I went and fished mantua from my pontoon boat, and my fly rod i caught 1 bass i was there all day if any one has suggestions on what to use for the next time i go that would be great. If you have any spots that are better than others that would help to i was looking for trout but couldnt find them.
[signature]
Are you using poppers or a surface fly? Ive been out to a few lakes this year and I could be wrong but Im not seeing not too many fish coming to the surface this early in the year Are your using a sinking line or trying to fish the bottom at all ?
[signature]
It has been a couple of years since I have fished Matua. Specially since some bucket Biologist decided to add a species he shouldn't have.
That lake use to have some Mamouth Trout in it. The Bluegill and bass were fun also.
I use to do well with an itermediate sinking line and a CBS leech or California Leech. Also Olive/Brown Gartside Softhackle. Also Prince and Zug Bugs.
From the boat dock, straight out to the other side.
[signature]
A large black streamer fallowed about 18" by a hares ear or small bh nymph.[Wink]
[signature]
i tried everything from a popper to a leech with intermidate sink line
[signature]
The tandem fly presentatiom seems to work the best. Did you try that?
[signature]
Lunkerhunter hit right on the head I haven't fly fish the lake since last summer but a wooley bugger in tandem with a hares ear or prince work well for me
[signature]