Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coastal report
anyone heard the fishing was along the coast this past weekend
[signature]
Thanks to my buddy at Inlet Convenience and Fishing Supplies in the inlet, I just happen to have a current fishing report. [cool]

The fishing hasn't changed much according to Tom. The black drum are biting heavy in Whales Creek, just around the corner from the landing. Use fresh cut bait or shrimp for bait. Also in the creek, you'll find the flounder and spot tails hanging around, both of which can be caught on live mud minnows. Trout are also in the holes hitting live shrimp suspended on a popping bobber. Your best bet for the Flounder is to slowly drift the holes with a carolina rig w/ a light egg sinker, like a 1/2 oz.

Along the rocks, the sheepshead are biting if you can find them. You may also snag a spottail alot the rocks.

Offshore has been a little choppy, but not too bad in the morning. Grouper are being caught in 80' of water.

The cooling temps come thursday will more than likely put the creek fishing to a standstill until the weather levels back out. So, don't expect alot this weekend.
[signature]
thanks figured the cool snap would slow things down temps supposed to climb next week hope they do and stay that way need good weather by end of the month ready to fish a little
[signature]
Same here. I just got a new rod i'm ready to try out. It's really going to be nasty on the water this comming weekend. I'll post a NOAA report sometime today that has the water conditions and all.

It's going to take a full week on consitent weather to get the fishing back on track, atleast based on the trends.

I've been waiting on the rivers to go down for the longest time, but it's not working for me. LOL It's been high the entire winter, and I figured with the latest spell of warm weather and limited rain, it would have dropped by now, but it hasn't. I'm not looking foward to the mosquitos, I'm sure they'll be bad. But, the weather report says it might frost Saturday. If it does, it'll wipe out alot of the skeeters. [cool] That would be super cool.

There's another member, a younger lad, looking for some insight with pier fishing. I'm thinking of planning a trip to the myrtle beach state park pier for a day of fishing and passing of fishing information. [cool] If you'd like to join us, just let me know. That invite is to any and all other BFT members as well. [Smile]
[signature]
give me a heads up on that pier trip would like to go but seems i'm busier retired than working
[signature]
LOL, you're not the only one that's told me that. I guess when you're working full time, you're "working for the weekend." And when you're not working, you're "working to fill in the blanks." Or something like that. [Tongue]

I intend on waiting for the water to warm a bit before I take a trip to the pier. I'd like to have a nice 75 degree surface temp so there'd be a good chance for a king and also some spanish. Pier fishing is an art, and i'd love to pass on some of my knowledge about it, in person, where I can actually show other anglers. Kinda like a hands on "fishing clinic." Plus, other anglers, like yourself, may have some handy insights as well. We can all learn from each other while having fun at the same time. [Smile]
[signature]
don't get me wrong i love being retired and my wife does not let me get bored looking for things to do i will probably make my 1st trip the pier the 11th or 12th of may my ohio friend is ready to go as well
[signature]
What type of guide are you looking for? And in what area? You can private message me the details if you'd like. [Smile]
[signature]
I am looking to do instructional videos on all types of fishing. I am a pro bass fisherman but I am expanding into other areas. I am really interested in anything at this point. Would love to talk with you or send me some email at [url "mailto:micah@sepko.com"]micah@sepko.com[/url] Sorry again about breaking the rules. My other web page is [url "http://www.sepko.com"]www.sepko.com[/url] no forum. Thanks Micah
[signature]
Sounds pretty interesting. However, unless you're in the local SC area, it might prove to be difficult. My Email address is in my profile, feel free to send me any info you'd like. If it sounds good, I might bite. [Wink]
[signature]
Email sent Micah, I look foward to hearing from you. [cool]

Don't be a stranger to the boards either! We'd love to have your insight and your fishing reports from time to time. [Smile]
[signature]