Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into it
Hey every one i am just geting back into fishing i am only 15 so my places to fish are limited until i get a car. i just recently moved into a old house with some woods and threw my woods you can walk back to an old corey (rock cory ) sorry for spelling. and iv fished there befor and caught a bass or 2 but i think it was luck. i need tips for fishing in a cory. the depth verys , so spots are vary shallow so vary deep. so im looking for tips or tricks to help me fish better there. i live in ohio . its got a fallen tree in it. i am fishing for any thing.

any good tackel i should get?

good baits?

thanks.
Jordan
[signature]
Welcome to BigFishTackle Jordan5. We are glad you could join us and enjoy the sport of fishing like the rest of us here.

Since it is a rocky area with structure, I would recommend Poppers and Buzzbaits for topwater during the early mornings and late afternoon times.
In between those times, I would go with a weedless set up. A light Carolina or Texas rig should do the trick.
If you start getting snagged with the weights, then do them weightless. Just let the Senko sink on it's own. Sometimes that is enough to get the Bass interested.
[signature]
Welcome to the board Jordan5, fish shallow when the water warms up some in a week or two. Cold water or after a cold front, fish alittle deeper for suspended bass 5-15ft of water. The more time you put in there, the better you'll learn what they want and when. Gotta put your time in.
[signature]
Is there an cretion popers and crank baits you recomend?
[signature]
This color and style of lure [002] has brought me many bass. As for poppers I don't have a faverite. So ask around your area bait shops, what are peaple buying.[Image: i120826sq01.jpg]
[signature]
thanks the next time im out i will go get one thanks for your guys help.
[signature]
One of my all time favorites which has worked in many areas of the US is the Firetiger color. That seems to be a winner on most waters.[cool]
[signature]
For shorefishing for bass of any kind my favorite is always been the LuckyCraft Pointer SP in about a 60 to 70 size range. Black Arura Color.

Caught more fish from the shore in 1 summer on that lure then the previous 5 years combined.

Good Luck and Enjoy
[signature]
gotta love that beer colored rapalla, split or single either is good...
[signature]
That Luckycraft pointer has caught alot of different kinds of fish as well. Good lure.
[signature]
Only drawback to the Luckycraft I've found is the pricetag. $15 a pop for those or more. Worth every peny but it's the kind of lure you wanna make sure you tied a good knot and the line checks out. I've lost a few of em to snags and big fish. Hurts a bit more then loosing a $2 lure thats for sure.
[signature]
[cool] I like using a Bandit Splatterback 200 Series, which will dive 2-5 ft. I use this when the sun is shining bright. I also like the Bandit Baby Bass in the 200 Series. I Have caught quite a few bass on either of the two. The bigesstes bass that I have caught on the Splatterback is 4 lb 11 oz.
[signature]
Jordan:

It's a rock "quarry". You're going to have a ball with all the advice you've gotten here. Any rock quarry in Ohio should have anything: Bass, Bluegills, Catfish...-Bruce
[signature]
thanks i cant wait to get out and fish more im going sat. probly all day satersday 2 lol. thanks for all your advice. this is a great fourm and i will send all my fishing buddys
[signature]
Good choice
[signature]
Just remember! You choice of color will be different depending on water clarity, temperature and other factors.[cool]
[signature]
what would be the best way to tell what colors to use in any situation. is there a chart some where if not on here on a differnt web site that tells you this info? or is it trial by error
[signature]
I lean towards dark colors [pumpkin seed,purple] in murky waters and overcast days or night. Lighter colors [watermelon] in clear water or sunny days. But you still want to match the hatch so to speak. Black beavers work well here in the NE, because our crawdads are dark. A good trick for me is when I'm in a new areas tackle shop. I'll see whats almost sold out. If the peg is full, maybe theres a good reason.
[signature]
Jordan.

You might just have to get a lantern and a lawn chair and enjoy some fishing at night as well.
[signature]
If it is hardly ever fished, then you should be able to have a lot of fun there.[cool]
[signature]