Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston info?
I will be fishing Weston the week of May 26 and was looking for any info or advice on catching smallies and bows. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I will be in my toon.[cool]
[signature]
Thats about when I am done with the mad rush of work . I'd try to meet ya but the wife wants to hit mesquite and see ron white for her anniversary so golf clubs it is. Plus check regs it says float tubes permissable so are toons permissable
[signature]
poky-mon (& lunkerhunter2),

You beat me to the post as I am not familiar with your lingo but am assuming "toon" is short for pontoon boat. Those would normally be the beasts that are like miniature boats (with paddles and motors and what not) and the operator riding high and dry? I also don't know if some are convertible but believe the regs define float tubes as suspending your body (below waist) down in the water. I have a float tube that has pontoons for inflation and stability but assume it still qualifies since I still am wet from the crotch down (somewhat drier when I wear waders) and use flippers for propulsion. I suppose that I could also call my craft a "toon" if I wanted.

Back to the real subject, I know very little about Weston but that is one of the prime reasons for buying the float tube. I was impressed with the quality of trout that I caught there ice fishing (both color and taste) so assume it has good quality equatic life (e.g. shrimp). I have also heard good things about the perch fishing. I have not caught bass there and was thinking they were large rather than small mouth. It is a large body of water and should provide great opportunity for "toon" fishing.

P.S. If and when I do learn something about fishing there, I would be glad to exchange info with you guys.

FR
[signature]
I'm thinkin' fishingrocket is correct. It seems the bass in Weston are Large Mouth. Not very big. The trout are fat and pretty fair sized.
[signature]

You beat me to the post as I am not familiar with your lingo but am assuming "toon" is short for pontoon boat. Those would normally be the beasts that are like miniature boats (with paddles and motors and what not) and the operator riding high and dry? I also don't know if some are convertible but believe the regs define float tubes as suspending your body (below waist) down in the water. I have a float tube that has pontoons for inflation and stability but assume it still qualifies since I still am wet from the crotch down (somewhat drier when I wear waders) and use flippers for propulsion. I suppose that I could also call my craft a "toon" if I wanted.

[Image: th_misc-13.jpg]

Pnotoon don't get wet from waist down unless you have to releave yourself way bad

[Image: misc-14.jpg?t=1176085218]
[signature]
Thanks.[Smile]
[signature]
Weston- large mouth,trout and some nice perch.
No Toons
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
Sorry about the late reply. I've been busy lately. Sounds like you have already picked up so great advice. The reservoir isn't very large. You could kick around and fish the entire reservoir in less than a day. I've caught largemouths and rainbows from the face of the dam, the NW end by the inlet and in several spots in the center of the reservoir. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding fish. Weston does carry over a fair number of trout every year but around the end of May I would expect a large majority of the trout to be recently planted fish. Keep in mind if the fishing isn't as good as you where hoping for there are a number of other small reservoirs you could check out that aren't too far away. Good luck and I hope you have a good time.
[signature]
Quote:
Don't forget the Shimano wedge. There is bound to be some water holes there.[cool]
[signature]