Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macks on Easter Weekend
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]On an undisclosed lake, at various undisclosed locations, myself and a couple of fellow anglers hit the water in search of macks. We used various undisclosed tatics and undisclosed tackle to try and get on the fish. We were fairly successful with my two buddies catching some nice fish. I got skunked.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We also talked with fishley and he nailed a 45 lb toad. We got a picture of fishley's toad and with his permission, it is included in this post.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]All fish were photographied and released.[/size][/font]
[center][inline D1_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline E1_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline D2_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline E2_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline D3_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline E3_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline D4_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline E4_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center][/center] [center][inline A1_4-2007.JPG][/center] [center]Fishley's 45 lb toad[/center]
[signature]
Looks like a pretty successful trip. I was on the same undisclosed lake with them same mountains in the background on Saturday and I also was skunked so I feel your pain. Thanks for the pics and tell your buds congrats.

Wyobraz
[signature]
LOOKS LIKE A KILLER DAY. HOW MANY DID YA BOAT?
[signature]
Great report Rich, thanks for with undisclosed information[Wink]. It's hard to believe that the great BLM came back smelling of skunk[crazy], are you loosing your touch my friend or was that just your once a year off weekend?
[signature]
[cool] Wow! Those are some great fish! Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
What a bunch of great fish!! Nice job all!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We boated 18 fish throughout the weekend.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey BearLakeMack,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Have a question for someone who has the experience you have on the George.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The attached picture is of a mack that I caught, and it bottomed out my 44 pound scale. What do you estimate the weight of the fish? For reference, I'm 6'4".[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Thanks[/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You're asking the wrong guy. There are tons of guys that have a lot more experience on the Gorge than I do. I seriously doubt anyone will be able to accurately guess-a-weight of a partial fish picture. If it buried your 44 lb scale, I'd guesstimate your fish as a dang good one! LOL! Sorry, I can't help you.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Dang! That is a nice fish! Did you get a length and girth measurement on it? [cool]
[signature]
Very nice fish, thanks for posting!
[signature]
Dang nice fish there Rich, too bad the skunk was on your side this time. At least your a hell of a good captain to get them on the fish!! You the man!! If you keep boatin fish like that you may have to change your occupation, watch out Jim LOL!!! M.H.[Wink]
[signature]
skunk, i know better then that. if you got skunked its cause you wernt trying. spending to much time putting your buddies on the fish and coaching them.[Wink]
[signature]
Very nice Macks!
What more can I say?
Good job Rich!

James
[signature]
Killer fishing around you guy's. good time's was had by all you had some guy's a Smileing. sorry about the trolling motor prop bye two this time lol.later fish thank's for sending me the pic's.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Like Petty, I suspect that your own low fish count was the result of running the boat and coaching the other guys. I've heard you do things like that sometimes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Then again, maybe you needed the smell of skunk to overcome those seegars. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like Mama Nature was behavin'. How did the boat run?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well, the boat ran good but Saturday morning when I was prepping the boat and hooking up the electronics in the front of the boat, I hit the foot control for the trolling motor with my knee and the prop spun, hitting the bow. I thought nothing of it.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We hit our first piece of real estate and everything functioned as expected. We moved to the second position and I dropped the electric and nada! No propulsion! What the heck?! I looked down over the bow and no prop on the electric trolling motor! Great! Now what? I think what happened is the prop and prop nut spun itself off when it contacted the bow.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I ended up fishing the rest of the weekend using the main motor which, BTW, is a royal pain in the behind! Luckily mother nature was pretty kind to us. Sunday had some wind and ran but we still managed a couple fish including our final and largest at 30 lbs.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
BLM...I still have a big 'ol Smile on my face [cool]. Who would have ever thought that pink marshmallows would have been the go to bait[Wink]. Oh, and in the future I will have to remember....when the red light is on on the camcorder...it means "recording"[crazy] LOL.
[signature]
i had a moter guide that i did the same thing with. at ut lake whats worse is i watched the prop sink.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya, alcohol and camcorders turn out some dang funny stuff! LOL! You should pay more attention! Don't worry though, it will never get posted here. A little too vulgar for this crowd but it was frickin' funny. My gut is still sore from laughing.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]