Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing report
Fishing was reported slow along the grandstrand.

Murrells Inlet didn't have much activity with the cold front that pushed through. Most anglers were hanging out around the heater vent in the house as the cold air and high winds would make for a long day on the water. Tom at Inlet Convenience and Fishing Supply says the bite was slow the rest of the week, with minimal reports of flounder and trout.

Pawleys island is producing some nice Whiting and flounder. No other reports have been heard for pawleys, but i'm sure the drum are in there thick right now. Of course, with this recent cold snap, it'll probably be a couple days before things get back to normal.

The water temp dropped a few degrees, so that'll put us back a week as far as the comming of other choice species of fish. I hope to see a 70 degree water temp before the end of this month. I'll be praying for plenty of consecutive 80 degree days. [Wink]

I'm sure the sudden freeze will kill alot of the skeeters along the lakes and rivers. I'm sure our Turkey Hunters will appreciate that. [Tongue]

I'm hoping that the rivers will start going down a bit. I'm surprised they've stayed up as long as they have with no rain to speak of. On the good side of that, when the water does come down, the bream fishing should be off the charts. [cool]
[signature]
thanks for the report hope the weather does indeed stabilize i really would like for the fish to be hungry by the end of the month
[signature]
You're not the only one hoping for hungry fish come the end of the month. [Smile] I hope they are so hungry they are jumping in the boat after the bait. LOL

I'm thinking about taking some live shrimp out to the reef my next trip out there. Alot of fish eat live shrimp, and I rarely take them with me. You know, live shrimp is great bait for flounder too. Alot of people over look that, but when they aren't hitting anything else, sometimes they will strike at a live shrimp. Drum love them some live shrimp too, especially black drum. If it was going to be a little less windy this weekend, i'd go after a few in the creeks. But it's suppose to be pretty nasty this weekend. It's calling for the mid 70's, but it'll feel like it's in the lower 60's with a 20 knott wind. Not to mention it'll be impossible to keep the boat still in that wind. Ba Humbug. LOL
[signature]
with all that wind it's too bad flying fish aren't good to catch lol april is such a transitional month you never know what you will get weather wise i'm probably headed to columbia for the gamecock spring game but they are calling for 50% chance of thunderstorms but one thing is for sure, the closer may gets the better the weather will get
[signature]
LOL, I hear ya on the flying fish. [Tongue] If they'd stay still long enough. That would be like hooking into a paracute. [sly]

You're right though, the weather is so unpredictable, I suppose it's a toss up for the month of April. But, that's fishing. (i've been saying that alot lately.) Atleast we know one thing for sure, it shouldn't get this cold anymore until October. LOL

MAN!!! I haven't been to a Gamecock game in years. Make sure and take a picture for me. I'm a Gamecock fan all the way. I will say this though, Clemson Blvd is a real cool place to hang out. Alot nicer than 5 Points in Columbia. But, Clemson still stinks. [laugh] Na, got nothin' but love for my Clemson fans, kinda.

That sounds like a good new thread, "Clemson or Gamecocks?" [Tongue]
[signature]