Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone get a turkey yet?
I was wondering if anyone has shot a turkey yet? I know turkey season just kicked off not long ago. That's one thing i've never done, but i've always wanted to give it a try. Infact, i've never done any type of bird hunting. I always thought quail hunting would be really fun, and good exercise too. [Tongue] Quail is really good eatting!

I had a buddy of mine tell me that cleaning a wild turkey is a smelly job. He said they smell aweful. LOL, I don't know if I could eat a bird that stunk that bad. I know a couple guys that don't keep anything but the breast. All they do is cut out the breast, they don't pluck them or anything. I think that would be the way i'd do it.

All my buddies that duck hunt do the same thing. They only keep the breast and discard the rest of the bird. I guess it's not worth all the hassle.

I've got a great recipe for duck breast on the grill. Unfortunately, I just gave my last pack of duck breast to my parents. I'm the only one in my house that eats it, so there's no sense in thawing out an entire bag for one person and the rest go to waste. I have a buddy that hunts them and brings me a few bags of breast from time to time. [cool] I wonder how duck breast would be for making jerky? I know turkey and deer make good jerky.
[signature]