Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Trout
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Brown trout are not native to the US but were introduced in 1883 from Europe. Browns are found throughout much of the US, but are more prevalent in the northern section and the Great Lakes region of the country. They are known to reach a weight of 38 lbs or more and are one of the most wary members of the trout family. Their primary foods are aquatic and terrestrial insects. Browns can be caught on a round the year basis but are most active then the water temperature is between 50 & 60ยบ.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
And they are my favorite fish to target. Most of the streams around here are full of them and I think I get more satisfaction catching an 18 inch brown than any other. A university study on the brown found that most browns over 16 inches in length gain up to 80% of their nutrients from smaller fish. During the spawn (in the fall) browns become highly agressive and attack flies and lures with a vengence.

There is nothing better than pulling out an 18 inch brown, with a rich chocolate back, deep black spots speckled with red spots rimmed with blue. Beautiful, just beautiful.

katghoti
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]And they are my favorite fish to target. Most of the streams around here are full of them and I think I get more satisfaction catching an 18 inch brown than any other. A university study on the brown found that most browns over 16 inches in length gain up to 80% of their nutrients from smaller fish. During the spawn (in the fall) browns become highly agressive and attack flies and lures with a vengence.

There is nothing better than pulling out an 18 inch brown, with a rich chocolate back, deep black spots speckled with red spots rimmed with blue. Beautiful, just beautiful.

katghoti
[/size][/black][/font] [Image: clear_shim.gif][#008058]As Tim The Tool Man would say....Oooh Oooh Oooh[/#008058]! [laugh]
[signature]
I love the tug of a nice brown on a 3wt. oooh ooooh ooooh![cool]
[signature]