Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 4/14
Arrived at Yuba around 7:00 a.m. and fished until 11:00 a.m. Caught six fish and had 3 or 4 other good hits that got away. All fish were 14-inch rainbows, very muted in color and spotted with anchor worms (this seems to early to be covered with anchor worms). Trolled the entire 4 hours, did the best long lining rapalas & luck craft pointers in perch patterns. Fished mainly around the dam and along the south shore. Saw various fish between 20 & 25 feet, pulled alot of spoons through them, never got a hit on the down riggers that I know of.

It was interesting to see the fish were ripe, ready to spawn and their colors were so muted.
[signature]
[green]We were there last weekend. I landed several (around the bay next to the dam) I noticed what looked like a bite or a sore on ONE fish. The rest were beautiful, fat and good fighters.[/green]
[#008000][/#008000]
[inline "Yuba 07 001.jpg"]
[signature]
ocf. I was also down there sat and sun. There actually already alot of trout going thru the spawning motions. Go find shaallooooow gravelly areas and throw a dark wolly bugger. Me and the boys did
well after we found em. All fish between 14-20 inches also caught afew with anchor worms
[signature]