Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT get together in SC!
This is smokin' hot guys and gals. Myself along with Mattscru (Georgia Moderator) are Hosting an official Bigfishtackle.com get together at Myrtle Beach State Park in Myrtle Beach , SC! The dates are not set in stone, but we're thinking around the Early to mid July time frame! BFT has never had an East coast event before, so this will be alot of fun!

The idea is to get campsites booked in relative locations at the park and enjoy a weekend of fishing, camping, and fun. You don't have to camp to participate, and any BFT member that is with in range is encouraged to come along for the fun, even if you just drop by for the day and fish with us, or come by that afternoon and have a cool one. This is a "family Friendly" type of event, and it'll be alot of fun. If you have a boat, bring it. If you are interested in a boat rental, that is availible in Murrells Inlet at your disposal. I'll take as many on my boat as I can. If boat fishing isn't the best idea or the "general consenses," no worries. The park has a great fishing pier and we can all take it over for the day. [Wink]

Please respond if you're interested in going. Once Matt and I have a decent idea of how many want to go, we can set a solid date and make reservations in advance. Camp sites are cheap, right around 20 bucks a night. Showers, laundry matt, the whole nine yards is all included.

This is a great time to plan something to get the family out of the house, meet a few of your fellow BFT'ers, and enjoy some great fishing and company! Remember, all those interested in comming along, just respond to this thread and include this info:

1. Would you rather fish from a boat or from the pier?
2. Will you be camping or just comming for the day or afternoon?
3. Would you like us to reserve your campsite for you?

Please ask any other questions you have, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. We look foward to your replies! [cool]
[signature]
I know how yall old sp's are towards crewchiefs, sure Im invited? [Wink]
[signature]
LOL, nothin' but love my friend. All are invited, even crewchiefs. [Tongue] I was actually a unique SP. I chose my friends based on thier moral compass. Good people are good people, doesn't matter who you are or what you do. [Smile] Besides, fishermen are family to me, just like my fellow Vets. [Tongue]
[signature]
We used to camp with 3 sp's in our group and one was a master. We had a couple underage crewchiefs and he was cool about them drinking. LIke you hear all the time "hell he can go fight and die for us let em have a beer too". I miss that camping site up in monte cristo in extreme northern utah. You really had the entire woods to yourself up there. Beautiful country.........
[signature]
I got one more that wants to join in on all the fun Bryan. My cousins all about it. I'll have to get him signed up on BFT since he dosent have a computer. So thats 3 georgia peanuts and 2 georgia peaches. South Carolina needs to step up! But I guess thats the differance between a game cock and a bulldog[Wink] Just kidding, I want to see as many people as we can get come out and enjoy the fishing, grilling and adult beverages with me!

Matt
[signature]
Hey Matt, that sounds great. I also may have a couple more takers, but nothing etched in stone yet. [cool]
[signature]
Bryan, Jim has the campsite we reserved on the georgia board so if he hasent told you already we need to try and get you right next door and if anyone else is planing on coming try and get site around that one so we wont be scattered.

Matt
[signature]
I got about 12 that say they want to go, but we'll see about that. Is their a hotel nearby? My dads thinking about going but he dosent want to canp. He's getting old [Tongue]
[signature]
Im probably going to be there july 22-28.....So if the get together is within those dates Im game
[signature]
Hey flyguy, its gonna be the 14th and 15th of July. Looks like we are just gonna miss each other. If you can get down there just a little early you should drop by!

Matt
[signature]
Bryan, Cheryl and I will be down for the get togather. I figure we will fish the pier Sat. and how's it going to work on going out on the boat? Do you have to maney people wanting to go out on it or is there going to be room for us? If not no problem. Sorrie to here about your job. It happen to me about 20yr. ago and it really hurts. I don't know what I would do at this point in my life if that would happen. But I feel you will come out on top and all the luck to you.
[signature]
Hey big guy, sorry for the late reply. I've been having computer problems on top of everything else. LOL But, I got a job so no worries!

Anyhoo, i'll be arriving to the camp ground right around 2 or 3 Friday afternoon. (if all goes to plan) I'm wanting to get set up before dark so I can enjoy the afternoon. What I was planning was to take the boat out on Saturday since all the campers have to be ready to roll early afternoon on Sunday. You've got and always had a reserved spot on the boat. Of course i'm the skipper, Mattscru and Jimflash, and you and your wife. I filled the spots based on first come first serve to be fair. Are you going to be camping? When are you planning on comming into town? Anyhow, i'll be dragging out my tent and lanterns here before too long. I've got to grease up the boat and get'er ready. It should be a fun trip. Look foward to seeing you! Now if we can just get some calm water, we'll be good to go. If not, we might just be fishing the pier Saturday. [Tongue]
[signature]
We have to work Fri. and don't get off until 3:00 so we want be down until late. But we will be at the pire Sat. morning. Man it feels like its going to be hot.. I'm going to bring my set up for some king so you may have to show me a little. I have thing riged up and ready to anchor down. I just need to make a rig to jig up something to float. How maney rods and what kind of set ups do we need to bring on the boat? That part will be kinda new to us but we do have I feel what you say we may need. Good to here you have a job man.. Gotta have that income..
[signature]
[Smile] Numbers are sent. I don't know how it's going to be Saturday. Looks like the updated Marine report is calling for 3-4' seas all day. That might make for a bumpy morning. We'll have to see, might be fishing the pier after all. [unimpressed]
[signature]