Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know that you are going?
[blush][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]You know that you are never ever going to live this down. What - Every time your wife who never fished before catches a fish twice the size of yours. For her to forget about it is going to cost you plenty.[Tongue][/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
Been there done that, but the best part was, she's been hooked every since that day and now she's my best fishing partner ever.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there EZOP that is real cool.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
And here's the rest of the story.

We had a small 12 foot aluminum boat and after I had been fishing by myself for many months, I finally talked her into going. I had found a nice hole that held smallmouth bass and walleye and it was simple verticle jigging. I knew this would be easy for her and not much skill would be involved. Just drop until you hit bottom, reel up a foot and slowly jig up and down. Well I started catching a bunch of smallmouth in the 1-2lb range and she wasn't having any luck. I tried to tell her how I was doing it, but she kept letting it just drag the bottom and it kept hanging up and snagging. After a while I just gave up lecturing on how to do it right and would just wait for her to snag, then I would re tie another jig for her and let her start all over.
Well after a while she says she's snagged again, I look over and her pole is double over and she's tugging up and down trying to free it from the bottom. At first I thought, dam, I'm running out of jigs, then I could tell that the boat was actually moving down the bank slowly. I looked at her and said I think you have a fish on. She said no way, it has to be the bottom, because it hasn't moved from the bottom at all. Just then her pole finally started to show the tugs of a fish. It was a fish for sure and she was now convinced.
She fought it from beginning to end and it ended up being a 21 inch smallmouth in the 4 1/2 pound range. Today this day I haven't broke the 20 inch range and she lets me know it.

2 weeks later at the same spot I hooked a 7 pound walleye and it was my biggest to date. I was just a hopping around, hooting and holloring and bragging to her how awesome I was, when she hooked an 31 inch, 11 1/2 pounder 5 minutes later. My glory was over before I even had the fish on the stringer.

My wife (POZE) has a motto. She's always saying that I catch more, but she always catches the biggest. Which to this day is true. She has me beat on practically every fish for size.
[signature]
Ive been lucky so far. My wife has only out fished me once. Knowing my luck she'll catch a 12 pound bass now that I posted this!
[signature]
I'm in the same boat with you. We go on long range trips and I get whopped every time. Like you said this is my best fishing partner and I would have to say I would put her up against most men, especially when were catching tuna and she brings in the biggest of all the fishermen.
[signature]