Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Anna River Lakes Fished'em Sun. 3/9
After going to the show on saturday my wife got an itch to go trout fishing thanks to the rep at the Crave bait booth.

She insisted on using the strawberry rainbow colored crave and dipping it in the new "gravey" they came out with.

What really pissed her of is she used her two poles and my second one with this stuff all day. In the meantime I fish the other little lakes around the outsides for bass ( landing six small fish ). When I would return to see how she was doing I would throw out a line once in a while. i ended up Landing Three rainbows One At 16" the other two tied at 23". The two largest were caught on rainbow power bait by Berkley and the Smallest on Chartreuse Power Bait by Berkley.

Well to her surprise she did not catch a single fish untill 3:30 pm a half an hour before the lake closes before the night shift. On Rainbow Berkley Power Bait.

Now that is one heck test comparison between two products.
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

Ahhh yes, that crave really catches them, the anglers I mean. I heard the gravy is another matter and will actually do pretty good and catch fish and not make the fish run off somewhere and puke their little fins off.

I bought a jar, fished a day with it and left it as chum near the bubble hole about 20 feet out. I probably poisioned the hole for a week and wouldn't have done it if I had thought that! Caught lots of fish on the PowerBait in the same exact spot that day though.

Sorry to hear about poor frustrated wifey,

JapanRon
[signature]
Forgot about the gravy it even made the power bait stop working untill I put fresh on LOL.

Been seriously fishing frash water the past few days getting ready to go out for some big fish hopfully in salt. Hear they got a few scoops of live squid on they charter boats?
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

The PBer's who regularly make squid are waiting for the squid to float on the backside of Catalina. They say they are there it just isn't time to make little squids yet. The WSB are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiittttting!

The bait boats are really sceretive about where and how much squid they get sometimes. The cattleboats have to have good connections before they get fresh dead around this time let alone live squirters.

As you say, the charters and or sixpacks may be able to get it (money, money) before most.

My Calculation: Fresh squid + Catalina + Me= WSB dinner

JapanRon
[signature]