Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Smallmouth ND state RECORD
I saw on the news today that a 20inch Small mouth 6lbs and 13 oz was caught and turned into the North Dakota fish and game. It was caught at Lake Darling near Minot.[shocked] That weight is 1lb bigger than the old record. That fish is absoulutly a football. The old record was a little over 5lbs and 22inches. I think there will be more and more 6lb Smallies caught. I feel the next record bass (small Mouth) will come from Autoban. Just a feeling.

Insaine

James
[signature]
Here are some pics
[signature]
That's a big smallmouth! Thanks for sharing James.

Just so you know, the pic's didn't show up on the post. [Smile]
[signature]
Wow that's a football!

Yesterday I went to fishcreek dam and caught a 17" smallmouth on a salmo crankbait in only in 3ft of water!

I'm going to catch the new state record largemouth this year[cool][Wink]
[signature]
haha yeah, that's if i don't get to it first!
[signature]
impressive,

your half way there to the world record.[cool]
[signature]
I fished Lake Darling, Autoban, and Hidden wood this weekend around 3hrs per lake from the bank and not a single fish. The fish don't seem to have moved in yet. I usaully always catch at least one at hiddenwood but there is nothing around the banks. Water is still pretty cold. I expect the fishing to get better later on, maybe in May. Its nice to have Nelson whos water temp is around 60 or more all over.[Wink]. I will keep trying my local lakes. They will turn on eventually. As for the new state record well, I guess I will settle for the Large mouth one. Besides I know what a big bass feels like.[Tongue]

This big girl was caught in Florida though. 4inch worm tamed this beast. (blast from the past ) My highschool days[Smile]
[signature]