Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass
[shocked] what do you gyes love most about bass?
[signature]
Hey there alonzo, and welcome to the BFT message boards!

I like the strength of a bass. They also prove to be a challenging fish to target alot of times. So over all, the "gaming" quality all together is what I like about a Bass. [cool]
[signature]
The challenge keeps me coming back as well as the power of these fish. Welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. I think my top reason for bass fishing is taking a peice of plastic and tricking a fish into thinking its food. Plus the fight not bad either [Wink]

Matt
[signature]
bass hit lures like no other fish, very explosive. ill take a big bass annihilating a topwater bait over hooking into a big northern. i also like their toughness, you can fight em hard, take some good pictures and measurements and not worry about they dying like little babies.
[signature]
Bass will hit almost anything!.......Once[crazy]

I like the challenge of using the artistry of presentation. I am always testing new things. I have caugt some of the same Bass over and over but on different presentations of different lures and plastics.[cool]
[signature]
Presentation, technique, Battle, theres just nothing like fooling a big Bass. It's a contact sport, unlike trolling or bait fishing.
James
[signature]
they make good bait!

[Tongue]
[signature]
Good bait? I'm going to pretend I didn't read that [Tongue]. I love bass fishing because the only thing you know is that you don't know what they want untill you toss it out there and start catching them like crazy. Does that make sense? I have a huge arsenal of bass fishing gear, poles,lines, reels, and even a boat that is designed for bass fishing. Sometimes I can only get a few taps, change poles, change poles, etc. untill I find what they want. Bass fishing lets me play with all my toys, from a lightweight Zara Spook to a 3/4 oz. jig and pig 25' down. And you can't beat the excitement of a topwater bite, not for the faint of heart! Senkos, tubes, craws, grubs, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, brush hogs, dropshot, crankbaits, Texas rigged, Carolina rigged, weightless, splitshot, dead sticking, slow roll, twitching, how could you go wrong? Bass fishing started as an interest, turned into a hobby and now has become a passion. Thank God I have an understanding wife and two wonderful girls that love to be out on the boat.
[signature]
LOL, that hurts my feeling James. [Tongue] Trolling is definately a contact sport, especially in the ocean. Just ask the barracuda that landed in my lap last year. LMAO!!!!!![sly]
[signature]
I guess there may be some exceptions? Some exceptions to bait fishing as well, like bouncing some Garden hackle through a nice hole in a river, theres nothing wrong with that!
Good luck and good fishing!
James
[signature]
I like bass fishing 'cause it gives me an excuse to use with my wife when I go to Cabela's and spend way too much money:

"But Honey, I had to get 'em, the bass already know about all those new lures I bought last year, and the new pole you got me for Father's Day is for 6-10 lb line and you just gotta' use 15 lb if your gonna drag 'em out of the brush up at Long Lake." "Besides Hun, I had to go there to get some more Zoom lizards, you know the yellow lab ate that whole bag of purple ones I left on the coffee table the other day. You just can't ask me to go to bass fishin' without any purple lizards, can you?" "I was really thinking about you when I bought that new seat for the front of the bass boat. You know that every time you go fishing with me, you complain about how your cute little backside hurts afterwards. And besides Hon, while I was there, I got you this new T-shirt in that Realtree Camo color I like so well. And Beth, You really shoulda' been there to see the new recliner I passed-up in that same camo color. It would have looked fantastic in the livingroom. All the guys would have turned green with envy when they come over for poker next week. But I knew I should talk it over with you before I buy any furniture for the livingroom; you know how much I respect your wishes on how we decorate the house. Do you think you could go down there with me day after tomorrow, to just look at it?"

After that story, she's just thrilled I haven't already bought the recliner, and, she's so busy trying to figure out how she can keep me from buying it next week that she forgets about asking me how much I spent on all my other new fishing gear.

Ah, Bass Fishing,,,Works every time!!! Just have to find something new to substitute for the recliner each trip. That aint' hard to do in Cabela's!!!

Good Fishing Guys,
[signature]