Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't tell a good float tube by it's cover!
I picked up a float tube from a yard sale, for my fishin buddy who's tube split out 2 weeks ago. Well this one let go too. It looked like a good tube, the seams were all fine but the material was not. Guess I should have looked closer. So be wary of the yardsale deals, they can be good but they can end up not so good.
[signature]
That's too bad Michael. Sorry about the misfortune.

If it is just the bladder that went out, you can find them online. What kind of tube was it??[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Bummer. As a yard sale junkie, I can confirm that there are both good and bad deals to be found at them. I have scored some real buys, but I have also suffered the GOTCHA syndrome. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It helps if you know what to look for and what to look look out for, but that is no insurance against potential unseen problems. I'm afraid that unless I knew the seller, and the history (care and maintenance) of a tube or toon, I would be inclined to pass. Replacing an air chamber on most water craft these days is pretty costly. No good to have a great buy on a pretty cover if it won't hold air.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It was a Sterns and I did need to look closer, the cover was very thin. I am Wiser now[Wink]
[signature]