Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pier Fishing Trip!
OK guys and gals, we've been bouncing around the idea of a field trip to the Myrtle Beach State Park fishing pier. Well, lets make that happen. [Smile]

I figure by the middle to end of May the fishing should be going full steam ahead, so on Saturday, May 19th, lets all plan on heading to the state park for a little fishing. This is a great chance for our local anglers to share tips, have a great day of fishing, and meet some great people. I'm an early bird, so i'll get there early. I'll make sure and wear BFT clothing so i'm easy to pick out from the crowd. I've already met Saltwaterron and I know he'll more than likely be there. I'm hoping that a few of our other members will also join in on the fun. (Dusky, KingsinthaSC, DR, Sheepheadz, etc.....) LOL, i'm calling you guys out! I know there are plenty of other SC anglers that read the boards but don't post much. This is your chance to get out and have a great day of fishing with your comrads!

If there is anything you'd like to add, please feel free. If we get enough people going for sure, i'm positive that BFT might help out with a couple free things to give to everyone, and maybe we can order a pizza or something for lunch.

I look foward to fishing with you all! [cool]
[signature]
bryan,
i talked to my son today and it looks like my grandson's b'day party will be on the 12th. if it is, i plan on being there. hope to bring my ohio buddy. any idea when you plan on getting there? i'm sure you will be easy to pick out. you are the only angler i know who has a rainbow colored mohawk that is 2 feet high. just kidding. it's only a foot and a half high. hope the weather is great and make sure you bring some $12 fiddlers. LOL
[signature]
LOL, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're not suppose to spoil the surprise. [sly] Besides, it's more like grey, white, and brown, instead of rainbow colored. [Tongue]

I may bring some fiddlers, but they might be wild caught. LOL I'm not so sure my pockets will be that deep.

It is great news on the trip. Glad to know you'll make it. [Smile] Bring anyone you want my friend. Let me know if he wants to set up a float rig. I should have another set up for him. [cool] We'll make arrangements about bait and stuff like that the week of the gathering. Thanks Ron,
[signature]
Bryan, Georgia folks invited? Doubt I'll be able to make it out but if I can get jim to drive it might be a differant story Wink
[signature]
once again my knolage of salt water fishing has gotten the better of me,[angelic]

what is a fiddler? is it any thing like a goey duck?[Tongue]

let me know if your ever in the detroit way, there is a nice little board walk here where we can fish 24/7 just so long as we are fishing and not making a ruckus... caught some sheephead there
>(not the kind your used to...LOL fresh water drum))@>
[signature]
That would be awesome T Bone! We'd love to have you there. I'll make sure and bring some BFT T Shirts and stickers for all those who drop by. Don't be affraid to bring a couple rods with you, we'll be fishing all day. By then, the water should be right and the fish should be in pretty thick!

Thanks for your participation Partner! [cool]
[signature]
OK guys and gals, it's almost that time! Saturday is just a couple days away! This is going to be a really fun trip. I'm looking foward to meeting those I haven't met, and seeing those again that I have. I'm going to bring as many float rigs as I can carry. If nothing else, we'll all take turns reeling in the big ones if they are in the area.

I hear that the kings still aren't inshore yet, but we'll give it a whirl anyhow. Maybe we'll get into the spanish if we can get some live bait, I.E. Mullet. Or maybe even a shark or something.

Either way, it'll be a fun day. [Smile]

HOw's the fiddler crabs looking Ron?
[signature]

[signature]
just got off the phone with perry's bait shop. traffic is apparently bad because of bike week. they have fiddlers but i will call again tomorrow just to be sure. was told the fishermen were staying home because of the traffic. i will try to get there before the bikers hit the road. goldfish kid is coming along. i am getting the idea i will be the old man in the group. don't be too hard on me guys.
[signature]
Perry's has fiddlers!! Tell him Capt. Shannon sent you,he will be glad to sell you some. He gets his himself. Also has some NICE mud minnows! Dr.[Wink]
[signature]
Hey DR, are you planning on making an appearance? [Smile]
[signature]
just got off the phone with mbsp. a lot of whiting being caught. an occasional sheepshead. perry's bait said a lot of pompano being caught off garden city.
[signature]
Give me a call, I have trips Sat. but might break loose and meet you somewere! Dr.
[signature]
Mmmmm, should be interesting. I'm bringing enough rods to set up two King Rigs, we'll see how it goes. I'm going to put a live one on the bottom and i'll rig my son with a Jackson Rig. maybe we'll get lucky and add a few more species to the list. [Wink] It really all depends though. We'll make the best of it anyhow. [Smile] For the amount of people going, I half thought about dragging my boat down instead of fishing off the pier. But, if you guys don't have your saltwater stamp, that's a no go. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmmm..................................... If it had crossed my mind earlier, and I didn't think there would be alot of people showing up, I think I would have just brought the boat down and made a reef trip out of it.
[signature]