Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RECEIVED THE OUTCAST FAT CAT TODAY!!!! PICS INCL
[Image: 4558Image016-med.jpg]
UPS stopped by just when I got home from school. I thought that I would be getting the Fat Cat tomorrow, but a day early is wonderful!

Took out the Fat Cat, added the foam seat & foam back rest, then proceeded to inflate. That took me a couple minutes to figure out how to inflate that type of valve. I had to look at the instructions that an adapter came w/ the package. I found the adapter & patch kit in one of the side pockets.

After it was inflated, I was quite impressed on the quality & how much wider & bigger than the Fish Cat 4. I had to take a peek at the urethane bladder, it reminded me of a giant condom! I checked out the inflated craft & noticed something in the back of the seat that no one mentioned it had. 3 storage pockets & 2 of them have zippers. I can put my zip locked sealed wallet & keys & cell phone in the middle pocket. The bigger of the 3 pockets has no zipper, but it's big enough to throw in a hydration pack, like a Camelbak. Now that is totally cool & a nice surprise!

[Image: 4558Image017-med.jpg]

The back storage is quite huge, I have a nice insulated pack that I can keep food & clothing in & keep them dry.

the side pockets are really big also. Much bigger than on the Fish Cat 4. I can put 2 large waterproof tackle storage boxes in each pocket & a couple medium sized ones on top of that. Now that is room!!!

I like the wider width of the Fat Cat. I feel I have room to manuever(sp?) while seated.

[Image: 4558Image018-med.jpg]

I thought of getting a Fishing Buddy 2202 for a fish finder, but last year I bought a Humminbird RF30 wrist mount sonar. I'll use that till it putz out, then I'll upgrade to something better.

The bad news is....the Fat Cat will sit on top of my ping pong table for a couple weeks. The water(s) should be warmer by then & I'll be done w/ school for this semester too! I can just look at it & be inspired to do good in my finals next week, so I can go & play w/ my new toy!!!

I get to enjoy how clean it is....now, I'm sure it'll get dirty by the end of this summer. That's okay. I didn't think I'd like the yellow mustard color, but it really isn't that bad looking. I like the safety factor that I can be seen floating around the lake. I put the tackle boxes & towels inside the side pockets. I want to stretch out the pockets before the maiden voyage.

I've went w/ the most basic float tube a couple months ago to the Trout Unlimited Togiak, to the Fish Cat 4, to the Cadillac of float tube, the Fat Cat. The more I read about float tubes from here & other forums, the more I knew what was the pro's & con's about them.

Now I just need the next couple weeks to fly by & get school finals done with....play time is right around the corner!!!!
[signature]
GR,

Congratulations on your new Cadillac! I predict that you will love it very much. I actually like the yellow color from the standpoint that it is more easily seen by the powerboat brigade. And the fish don't care. That's a smokin' deal you got on it.

z~
[signature]
I agree with Zonker, but then I have been supporting yellow for quite awhile now[cool], I put a banana sticker on mine, maybe think a lemon or French's Mustard[Wink]
[signature]
Looks like a nice ride. It will just be a matter of getting used to it. I'm sure you will like it.

Please remember to keep the picture size down to max of 450 pixels wide. It makes it hard to reply to the post without having to dig into the extra tool box.[Wink]

Good luck on your maiden voyage.[cool]
[signature]
It looks like a very nice ride. I like the yellow.
[signature]
CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE [cool]
[signature]