Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 yr old fishin' coach?
I have never fished for bass until we moved to Stansbury a few years ago. Last year my son and I caught a few by mistake Messing around with bluegill on a fly and bubble. Monday night my friends son wanted to try out his new crawdad boat so I went along hoping to pick up some pointers. I know that he fishes the youth bass tourneys regularly. I was amazed what a good fisherman the kid is! He picked up fish in places where I expected them and where I knew they would not be, he also had awesome casting abilities and a great attitude! (I even think he felt bad puttin' the skunk on me!) Anyway since he schooled me I thought I'd call him my bassin' coach and since I had a couple of pics of him & a 17" 2#12oz biggie I thought I'd share them.
Thanks, KoldFeet.
[signature]
That's awesome!!! My daughter loves fishing for bass and bluegill. She has her own kickboat, waders, etc. I haven't fished Stansbury for about 4 years now. Do you have to be a 'resident' to fish it or can anyone fish it?
[signature]
You are suposed to be a resedent or a guest, but I suspect some of the people who fish stansbury are neither. There was some talk of hireing a part time "fish cop" last year, not to run people off, just to explain the rules but I dont think they ever did. If you wanted to come out you could be my guest, I am still learning the lake, but it is alot of fun. Shoot me a pm if you like! KF
[signature]
When I lived out there 5 years ago you could pay a $5 fee at the club house for a day pass.
[signature]