Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gulps bait
I'm taking the granddaughters out sunday and picked up a jar of their nightcrawlers. Anyone try these before? I do have luck with the powerbait, just wanted to try something new. Or should I just buy some live bait?
[signature]
I've used their 6" crawlers trolling spinner rigs for Walleye.. did OK with 'em.. prefer the real deal though... same story with their leeches.

good luck with 'em
[signature]
I've used them with some success, but I prefer the real thing for now. I guess its possible that I could be proved wrong on this one! Post up your results and let us know if they are worth another try!

Thanks, bkidder
[signature]
I'll have to try both I suppose. I'll let you know how they work.
[signature]
I also prefer the real thing but no alot of people who swear by them
[signature]
We got the skunk on all baits, so we'll try them next time as well.
[signature]
Thats fishing for ya! Let us know how the gulp compares... if you can get the dang fish to cooperate a little bit!
[signature]
I have yet to catch a Freshwater species on the gulp worms. When the samples came out in 2003, I did use them in the Saltwater with great success.

There is another version of them coming out soon. (shhhhhhhhh) It works awesome for fresh and salt.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there TN2 how about if we poll the trout as to what bait they prefer? I mean shouldn't they know better than anyone else? [Wink] LOL Isn't gulp like a chewing gum for them? Remember all the samples that we got at the Fred Hall show. I caught some bass on them at Irvine Lake. Caught them on a drop shot setup.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
The silly Trout need a wide variety to choose from. They are picky and will change their minds often.

As far as the Samples from the FH show, those worked so well on almost every saltwater species that you could think of.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]There is another version of them coming out soon. (shhhhhhhhh) It works awesome for fresh and salt.[cool][/reply]

Oh great. Now you're making me want to spend more money that I don't have! LOL. I gotta get on that trout thing here in Oregon. The trout and the salmon and other wonderful new fish for me. Weee!!
[signature]
if you are any where near the columbia river, they have some major salmon runs, not to mention some nice cats and stergeon too.

It is roumored that the next world record stergeon will come out of the columbia in oregon... good luck...[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I have to pay an extra $20 or something like that to be able to fish for sturgeon and salmon and steelhead.
[signature]
in michigan we have to buy a seperate fishing license to fish for trout and salmon plus the regular fishing license,

we dont pay for the stergeon yet but we do have to get a serial numbered tag to fish for them, and we have 24 hours to get it to a fish and game check station to have it validated after it is caught, ...

needless to say I dont fish for sturgeon on frydays or saturdays...[crazy]
[signature]
Yup, weird laws. Since I am a CPR fisherman, I'm not worried about most of those laws since I am not keeping any of the fish anyway. If I do keep fish, it's the smaller ones like crappies, bluegill, walleye, etc.
[signature]
thems the ones I prefer to keep as well.

I do have to admit that of all the stergeons I have ever caught I have only released one stergeon.

did I mention I have only caught one stergeon in my life.[sly]
[signature]