Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay 03/13/03
Went to Willard today and snagged another shad this one was only 13 or 14 inches., no wipers, no walleye. Water temp was 47 degree at the mouth of the south marina at 8:30am. Shad were jumping and darting all over the place but no one was catching anything except for a guy in a float tube and he said he caught a catfish and a carp. He said the carp was 10 pounds but gave no size for the catfish. We trolled from the feedlot to the S/E corner, then headed over to the south marina and went into the marina and out toward the island. We then went over to the light pole and fished there until we had to leave at 12:00 noon, water temp was 44 degree. WH2
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey WH2,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks for the report. Even though you didn't bring home the bacon, we are all watching with an eagle-eye the Willard reports and appreciate your testing the waters for us that are too busy to.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]
Gonna take the truck down today for emissions (cross your fingers for me Wink) and if it passes, get my carbs done on the boat and I am Willard bound. Thx for the report.
[signature]
[cool]As coot said alot of people are watching for the wipers and walleye to bust loose.

I was going to try to get out on the 19th,but looks like the weather is going to get cold again,and probably wouldnt be all that much fun sitting in the rain.The boat is ready,AND I'M READY.

Keep up the posts!

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the update WH2. Looks like lots of people are gettin' the itch. I can't wait to head out and try for some eyes. Good luck when you head out next.
[signature]