Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 4-25
Hit the Berry yesterday afternoon. Only fished for a few hours and caught 6 really nice size fish. I missed at least double that. I have a two pole permit, and trying to fish with two poles on a pontoon was not that easy. There were a few times I had fishing striking both poles, but everytime I put one down to pick up the other, he was gone, and would hit the other pole. I was using a smoke colored curly tail jig with a black head, tipped with minnow. Most of the fish were in 35-40 feet of water. They were at all levels, but mostly suspended about half way up. We were pretty much alone in the water. There were a few when we got there, but they left, and only saw one person fishing from the bank. Wind kicked up a few times, but it was pretty good for the most part. I can't wait to get up there again. I just need to decide whether or not to try two poles again. All fish were in the slot, with half of them close to the 22inch. Had a blast.
[signature]
Sounds like a good report, and probably where I will be fishing tomorrow. If you don't mind sharing, what general area were you fishing?
[signature]
Hey Kent,

We were over in East Portal Bay. If you want more details just let me know. Also, I was using some nice smelly jelly.
[signature]