Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Cloud/Watkins area?
I'm looking to head up into that area sometime in the beginning of june. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any decent bass lakes around that area, that have camp sites.
Thanks! [Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to Minnesota, almost. I'll have to do some research but I'm sure we can find something for you. Being from the twin cities, and others being from the other side of Saint Cloud, I'm not sure if anybody here is really familiar with that area yet. But never fear! I've been wanting to get up to that area and do some catching myself.
[signature]
Thanks!! I usually go to the Detroit Lakes or the Park Rapids area to do my bass fishing but I wanted to try around these other places just for something new, so if you do find something that would be great. I'm hoping to bring my tube with and just being able to sit at a campsite and go out on my tube when i can. [cool]
[signature]
Here's the information I was able to get:

There is a small campground on Dallas Lake that I have been to. You will have to search for it. It is a small lake but has a lot of good bas fishing on it. Its small enough where it doesn't take much to "learn the lake".

Otherwise if you're up for a bigger body of water there are a few campgrounds on Clearwater lake or on Horseshoe chain.
[signature]
Well I think I'm going to find some more information on that Dallas Lake. It sounds almost perfect. The water will def. be better to fish because me and a buddy plan to go out with our tubes and we could prob cover most of it in a couple days. Thanks for the help, if you have any more info be sure and let me know Smile
[signature]
well i did look up on that lake a little bit but i found a campground that had some pretty expensive rates for staying there. is that the same one that you went to? or is there more of a public one
[signature]
I've never been there. This was what I was told by someone else.
[signature]