Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing trip
hey anglers. just got home and the trip has mixed reviews. there was alot of wind. trust me alot especially today. trolling for flounder was almost impossible.we went to pawley's thursday. not much going on there. we did land 1 flounder that weighed about 3 or 4 lbs. the wind started to pick up as the day went on. today we fished murrell's and picked up another flounder. that was it. too much wind. talked to a couple of fellows who said it has been that way for awhile. there were no live shrimp available. no fiddlers of course. however, we stopped at perry's bait and tackle. it's on the left before the restaurants begin. the manager said that if you call a couple of days ahead he will try to go out and catch whatever you might want and still $5 per cup. one other thing. if you go to murrell's inlet and head out toward the jetties, there is a creek marked "charlie's cut.there seems to be good catches of flounder in there when the wind is bearable. it's on the right side. wish i could give you better news. maybe this weekend will be better for those of you who go.
[signature]
Hey Ron, thanks for the great report! Sorry to hear about the wind problem, but as we were talking previously in the week, I had suspected the wind might be an issue. But, on the bright side, you got to get out on the water and atleast caught a couple fish. [Smile] Those flatties will be awful tasty deep fried in beer batter. [Tongue]

It's actually nearly 4 in the morning right now, LOL, I can't sleep. I do this everytime i'm going fishing. I'll wake up way early and can't get back to sleep. I'm heading offshore this morning to give it a try. That's good to know about perry's bait and tackle. Atleast there is one spot that you can get fiddlers when no one else has them. [cool]

Also, Inlet Conveniance has a really nice color map of the creek complete with all the names of the creeks and land marks. It's only like five bucks and worth the money to those who intend on hunting fish in the inlet.

Anyhoo, thanks again for the great report Ron. I'm off to hit the bed for another hour or so, then off to hook up to the boat. I'll make sure and get a fishing report in tomorrow. I figure i'll troll out just to see what's happening. Maybe I can score a lost king or a couple blue. LOL Once I get to the reef, i'm going to make a few drifts along the barge and see if I can't snag a few flounder. Then it's off to the races for the big boys. I'll let you guys know how I do. [cool]
[signature]