Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wipers and Kitties
[cool][#0000ff]Under normal circumstances, that large scaled tuna would have most certainly received the complimentary cutting. However, since my other rod was dancing with something that had eaten my minnow, I grabbed the lure, ripped it free from the tail fin and picked up the other rod. The rest of the story? By the time I got to the second rod, the fish had grown impatient and no longer wanted to play. He left with the bait and did not accept my invitation to dinner.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That carp really had me fooled at first. He slapped the lure with his tail and it felt like a wiper chomp. When I set the hook, he took off on a wiperlike run and continued to feel like a wiper for a couple of minutes. Then, I felt the tell-tail chug, chug, chug of a tail hooked fish and suspected what the species would be. That was about the time the line on the second rod went zing. If the carp had not been so large, I would have horsed it in faster. And, if it had been hooked only on an inexpensive jig (of my own making( I might have popped it off. But, those crankbaits ain't cheap, even though I buy the blanks and finish them myself. Also, I hate to lose a good lure that has caught fish...and that one had produced a couple of wipers already.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Wipers and Kitties - by TubeDude - 04-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Re: [Majja] Willard Wipers and Kitties - by TubeDude - 04-29-2007, 01:06 AM