Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something in my glove box saved my life today !
[size 1]something in my glove box saved my life today ! [shocked]

well I decided last night to take a nap then go out early in the morning for walleye.

woke up just before the crack of dawn, it was over cast, a might foggy, no wind, perfect weather for some walleye trolling.

I got up let the dog out got my boots on stepped out the door and thought, man what a perfect morning.. yet for some reason I did not have the gumption to put my pole in the car or lift the tong of the boat and put it on the ball to go...

so I went back in side figured I would have a smigen to eat and I would start fealing better in a few minutes.... well about 11 the phone rang and woke me up.

I grapped all my gear and threw it in the boat, put the motor on because I hadnt put that back on yet, put the batteries in, checked the electric motor to make sure that was working, hit the starter button on the motor to make sure it would turn over.

stood back and looked at every thing, figured I had it all, of corse once I had gotten to the lake I had realized I had not put the net in the boat [angelic]

but befor I got to that point, I mounted the traler on to the ball, having to lift the trailer and manuly put it on, Jack still on order...[Smile] started to take off and got out of the driveway when I realized I forgot the leash for my dog, I dont tie her up in the boat, but untill under way I have to tie her down. grabbed the leash and at last I was on my way.....

I get about a mile down the road cross the intersection and the trailer pops off the ball, SOB now how did that happen? I had it on and had it padlocked, well I guess that was one more thing I should have looked at, because it needed an oiling.[laugh] grabbed my keys and unlocked the padlock put the trailer back on the ball, stomped on it a couple time then put the pad lock back on and drove off, than god for trailer chains... LOL..[laugh]

so I get to the lake, launched tied the boat to the dock and went and parked. every thing went smoth as silk... when I realized I had forgotten to unplug the trailer lights... "NOT SUBMERCABLES" fortunately the bulbs did not burn out, that happens a lot when you back hot lights in to the water...[sly]

I unpluged the lights to make sure when I go to pick up the boat I wont forget to unplug it again. [Wink]

I got in to the boat, and pushed off, the wind sent me right out in to the lake just as quick as an oil slick...

I fire up the electric trolling motor and was on my way to fishing, I rigged my rods, got them in to the water and got settled down to relax and wait for a bite, when I saw water comming up to my feat from under the seat! Yep I was taking on water, scratchin my head I thought, now it couldnt be the plug cause I just put a new one in before pulling out of my driveway...

looking around I see a steady streem of water shooting in from the back side of the boat... aperently my cousin when taking out the fish finder did not put the bolt back into the hole. and It didnt take on water untill my tWinky belly sat in to it...[angelic]

I scooped the majority of the water out then scavagened around looking for something to plug the hole.

not finding anything on the first search, I had to bail out the boat again. about that time I was wishing I had thrown all the spair nuts and bolts left over from the repair job. looking in the glove box I had thrown my screw driver pliers and wrench just incase I had to work on the motor.

reaching for the driver, I seeing I had not put the box of spare parts in, a revolation hit me, I took my screw driver, fliped the end from streight to fillips head and pulled one of the mounting screws from the glove box, and put it in to the hole, the screw was bigger than the hole so it made a tight fit reducing the intake of water just a trickle so I could stay out and fish.

after the last bail I attempted to start the motor, and sure enough it was a tiny bit sluggish to start, on the third start, it stayed running so I let it idle for ten minutes. and it ran like a top.

the wind would not work with me, and kept blowing me in to the shallows making it difficult to run the downrigger along the shelf. after a couple of hours of fighting the wind, the rain clouds came rolling in and it was then I realized had I have caught a BigFish I didnt have my net.[crazy]

coming in was a breeze, loaded up like a champ. plugged in my lights after pulling out of the water, checked to make sure I had signials, and drove on home where I parked my trailer and attempted unhook from the hitch. wouldnt ya know it, it would not come off the ball [Tongue] "par for the corse"....LOL

Did I mention I had a bannana for my smiggen this morning?

Even tho I did not get a fish, I think I was pretty lucky... [cool]

when I did first arive at the lake, a guy was coming off with three walleye. 19"s+ [/size]
[signature]
This was just not your day my friend lol
[signature]