Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating wire fish basket
Say I have been looking for those foam noodles that the kids play with to use for my ring and When I want to find one I can't. Well I got to thinkin and the foam insulation for water pipes works just fine, just thought I would pass that on.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I have found the water noodles at wallmart if you want to go with the colored ones.
[signature]
How much are they?
[signature]
I think mine was 1.25 or 1.50
[signature]
much better price ($3.50). They both should last for ever
[signature]
Hey Michael. I bought some of the noodles at Wallys World. A buck and a half each. They are in the toy section where they have all the stuff for playing in the swimming pools.[cool]
[signature]
Probably too late, but I find mine at the second hand stores. Not much luck at Salvation Army or Youth Ranch, but D.I. often has them back in the As-Is section. Last one I got was 25 cents.

RD
[signature]
I haven't been in ournew DI much, as the as is section had really changed it was my favorite pert before.
[signature]
You're in Twin Falls, right? The new store is much larger and the as-is part is huge. Seems like a lot more stuff, but part of that is due to being spread out more so you can see what's there. The noodles are hit and miss, but I see them often enough to make it worth looking when I'm in the area and need one.

RD
[signature]
I know you people HARVEST and that is a good thing, plus nothing better than a fresh catch over the coals, but in the news here there is so many waters that are full of stuff you really don't wanna be eating, here is my wire basket so to speak:
[inline "bft 450 6.jpg"]
[signature]
That is one hell of a wire basket. [Wink]
[signature]
You make a good point FG. The difficult part of this is trying to put everything into a context that makes sense. I deal with water quality on a daily basis and it is similar. We find all kinds of "stuff" in the water at extremely low concentrations (a few parts per billion). We know that it often will bioaccumulate in humans, and that many of these contaminants will cause real problems at high enough concentrations, but what is not known is how long it will take to be a significant problem in a particular individual. So when I find a contaminated well, I try to educate the owner on the risks and then leave it to them to decide. Some will say they don't want to drink any at all, and others will say that for the small quantities involved it is not an issue for them.

With fish, some factors will include how often and how much fish is consumed, whether cooking will volatilize the particular contaminant or make it worse, and the overall health of the individual doing the eating. I'm sure there are more that I am not mentioning.

So my approach is C&R sometimes, catch and eat sometimes and enjoy life while I can. I try not to drink water or eat fish that I know is contaminated beyond what is safe. I have seen the discussions on the Utah board and I would have to read more and think about some of those places before I ate the fish. I would question whether eating a few fish a year out of Utah Lake poses a significant health hazard. I know some groups make those fish a staple part of their diet and that likely would be a problem.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't blame ya for releasing those nasty spotted fish. I keep the good eating kind.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When ya wanna go play with some wipers?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Michael. I just found some of the Noodles at the 99c store. I don't need to mention how much they cost.[cool]
[signature]
I got work for the next two weeks and then the Fly tying Expo on Saturday, but that Sunday would work TD.

With the gas prices on the up, I don't do much solo fishing with out my partner. At least I feel better about the gas money if we are both enjoying it.

[signature]
How much is gas over there??? We finally dropped from 3.70 to 3.65 today. That is for the low grade 87 octane.

Don't laugh if you are from Alabama. I know the 93 octane is still 30 cents less than our 87 in Cali.[mad]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lemme know when you got a hole in your schedule and we will make it happen.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD you can count on it! I wanna also get up to Jordanelle for some Bass.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]So much water...so many fishies...so little time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That, and an Old man that gets all tired out running sound Friday and Saturday night for us Youngsters[laugh] running around playing our Instruments that probably weigh 15 to 20 lbs on our shoulders and screaming our lungs out!
Sunday's are a welcome relief for me but, the old man needs his sleep.[cool]
Getting old sucks, I don't think I will do it![Wink]
[signature]