Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 27th - 29th
We got to Scofield about 9:00 a.m. Friday morning, and set up camp. Once we got settled in, we set out to the south east portion of the lake. Got the boats in the water and headed out. I did very well on Blood Mohair leechs (one with a chartruse egg head). Fishing was slow, but we got into a fair share.
[Image: bft4505.jpg]
Saturday I wanted to try the stretch where the dam is, but the old man took me back to the same area. Again the fishing was fair. This time I was catching them on the Blood Leech, but also a bead head Prince Nymph.
The fish fight hard as heck and are VERY healthy (FAT).
[Image: bft4504.jpg]

Sunday morning, got up and I headed down to the boat ramp (mind you, the area I wanted to fish the day before[mad]). We had the boats all loaded up in the truck ready for the trip home, so I just shored it.
I was using a floating line with a Hopper dry and a four foot dropper with either a Red Copper John, or a Bead Head Prince. I was slaying them. Nice BIG FAT BOWS and CUTTS. No Tigers though, but maybe next time.
[Image: bft4501.jpg]
[Image: bft4503.jpg]
[Image: bft4502.jpg]

All fish were released unharmed[cool]

[Image: bft4506.jpg]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Wow FG,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Looks like you had a great time, the fish look really healthy and fat. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]What got you turned on the blood leach? You said that you were tying them up the day before you left.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Did everyone that went down do as well?[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Looks like a great trip.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Some GOOD friends told me to try the Blood Leech and I remembered I bought some Blood Leech Mohair from Dennis Brakke, so I tied several with and with out the egg.
Fishing all around was a little slow, the shore boys were hating life and all the boats that came in I would say 1 out of 8 had a good day.
Saturday was a little slow and windy. Dennis Brakke showed up and was hammering them. I switched to a California Leech and started hammering them as well, but I used the Prince for a dropper and caught several on it also.
But this morning fishing from the shore, they were all over the place. I think I landed more fish this morning then both days combined. It was HOT! and fun as heck. The guys around me switched to what I had, then started to move closer and closer.
It was all good though, we all got into the honey hole with a little timing down.
[signature]
Way to go FG. I see you had a good time showing off out there. hee hee. Do you have a picture of the California Leech?? How about the Blood Leech? Thanks. and Nice Fishin' Sis.[cool]
[signature]
I will get a picture and ingrediants for you today and post it in the FlyFishing Gear section.
[signature]