Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Valley
I was in californa last year and i visited Diamond Valley and it was great . Just wandering if any of you cal people ever fish this lake.It is near Hemet Not a lot of shore for bank fishing but a really beautiful lake.
[signature]
I have been watching the reports and they are getting better every year.

I did fish the lake after it first opened. I wasn't too impressed with it. You do need a boat to get to some of the better spots.

Overall the lake has improved. I will be going out there in a couple of weeks from now to re-evaluate the progress for myself.[cool]
[signature]
thats great . When i was there we just fished from the shore (watch out for rattlers) I used wax worms and had stopped to take a picture and looked down to see my Quantum Baitcaster with a loomis pole hauling ass into the lake. Not sure what i had but i fought it for about 15 minutes befor it got me stuck in what i think was branches under the water. But it put more bend in my rod that i have ever felt. To this day i still think about what was on the other end. It felt so heavy. Good luck on you upcomming trip and take some pictures.
[signature]
It sounds like you may have had one of those little spunky Bass or perhaps a smaller Catfish.

I have been nailing some nice Cats lately on spinner baits, buzz baits and even poppers on the top water. I don't know what they put in the water but it is driving the fish to do some weird things. ha ha.

I will be sure to get some pics when I'm there.[cool]
[signature]
[Sad][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Unfortunately tubing is not permitted. I hear that a boat is really needed to get to the fish.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I do plan on a return trip to diamond valley. And this time i will be in a boat. I think this lake has a great deal of potential of being a great lake. It is already a good looking lake at leats to me anyway. My wifes aunt and uncle live in New Port Beach and have a very large yacht and will be taking us to Catalina in July. He has a smaller boat that we will use @ Diamond Valley. This time i will not be messing around with the camera i'll have all hands on the pole. So Mr. Phantom fish I'll be back please wait for me I need to have a small talk with you. When i go I'll let you know (tubn2 or Dryrods to see if you might want to go with me)What are some other lakes that i should go to for hot action .
[signature]
Let me know when you are heading down this way. I have a ton of spots at Catalina that I have fished for close to 20 years.

I also have some better lakes that might interest you more than DVL.

I have my regular playground of Castaic. I have been hitting that one for close to 18 years. Lot of good LMB and Stripers.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there quantumman - If you are looking for something closer to Newport Beach Irvine Lake may peak your interest as it is only about 20 miles away whereas Diamond Valley Reservoir is over 80 miles.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Here is a link to Irvine Lake: [/size][/green][/font]

[url "http://irvinelake.net/irv/vt.php?t=3"][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]http://irvinelake.net/irv/vt.php?t=3[/size][/green][/font][/url]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thank you for the invite.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]