Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOOD and CALIFORNIA LEECH
To start with, I use a spectrumized dubbing by either Bill Schiess or Dennis Brakke (the Fly Desk). Spectrumized is several colors all combined in fact Dennis told me once there is no brown in the California Leech dubbing, just a bunch of colors that it looks brown.
Here is a list of materials. Red, Copper, Rainbow and light green Flashabou, Special dubbing, Flour. Green or Red, orange medium Chenille. Hook sizes, 12 to 4 streamer. Weight optional, I do not weight them and let my different sinking lines put them where I want, but a little weight with a red thread head marker could be good cause I was using these with a floating line also.
Tail, I prefer Bunny/rabbit cause it can take a better beating, but marabou will work. Rust brown for California and Blood for Blood.
A dubbing loop for the body. Thin and bushy!

[inline "Blood leech material.jpg"]

Here is the California Leech with copper flashabou (4 strands) in the tail and 4 strands of light green at head (length of body)
[inline "California Leech 1.jpg"]

Here is the Blood Sucking Leech. Again, med. chenille for head in Flour Green, Red, or Orange. 4 Strands of Red Falshabou for tail.
[inline "Egg Blood Leech 1.jpg"]

Blood Leech. Four strands of Rainbow flash for tail and I rib it with the Red Flashabou.
[inline "Blood leech 2.jpg"]

Good Luck, these work just about anywhere.
[signature]