Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report!!!
Gonefishn, a buddy and I went to Rockport this morning/afternoon. Got on the water around 6:45 and the bites started right away. We lost the first couple fish just behind the boat then started to boat some rainbows. We were trolling rapalas for most of the day, then started casting along the rocks on the east side of the lake. Gonefishn caught a nice 19" Brown off of a rapala and I hooked into a Dandy of a Smallie that was 16 3/4" and weighed in at 2 lb 9 oz. on the new digital scale. Caught her off of a Crawdad Rattletrap. She slammed it like a sledgehammer though, good fight!!! All in All another great day on the water. Water temp was 50 in the morning and 57 when we got off the water at 2:00. We ended up boating 7 Rainbows, 1 Brownie, and 1 Smallie!!! Rainbows were 13" to 16" and pretty fat. All fish were released! As I always say better than a day at work that is for sure. Hope the pictures turn out.
TS
[signature]
Nice pictures. Don't let Tommygun know about those smallies...he's a smallie freak! Speaking of which, where has the gunmeister been hiding lately? Maybe the other place??
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report and way to go on the mixed bag of fish. We sure don't get many reports from Rockport, so it's nice to know there are still a few fish in there, LOL.
[signature]
Goodlooking fish guys. I can not wait to hook into a smallie. I have heard they are a blast and have never caught one.
[signature]
Gonfishn and I and a few friends/family were at Powell last week and caught a couple smallies, but for some reason this one that I caught at Rockport faught like the world was ending, man O man did she put up a fight. She darn near ripped the pole out of my hand retrieving my lure!!! Hopefully I can get into some bigger ones this year, what a blast!!! Powell and Rockport were the same as far as finding the smallies, they are up on the sandy and rocky shallows building/protecting a nest!!! Good luck this year and hopefully you can hook into a couple.
TS
[signature]
Thanks for the good wishes I plan on playing up that Jordanelle quite a bit this summer. It is easy to get to and I can go after work.
[signature]
Nice fish, Good pics. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]