Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
I would like to welcome everyone to this forum. Please feel free to give a howdy as you come on by this board.

I would like to hear what kind of fishing you do and what you like to catch in the big Salty.

I am a Pier Rat and have been for many years. I also surf fish from the shoreline, the pier and from my float tube.[cool]
[signature]
Here's my official "HOWDY!" LOL Hey, i'm a pier rat from way back too. [Tongue] Do you like cheese like I do? [sly] OK, enough of the corny punch lines..................

This is a great new addition to the boards and I look foward to seeing some activity here. I got your back steve! [cool]
[signature]
Right on Brutha!![cool]
[signature]
[Smile] Hello all just checking things out. I am not sure how to do this. Anyways. I love to fish the surf and the pier. Only choices since no boat. lol Fixin to make a trip to Panama city and just looking for some news on where to go...
[signature]
Welcome aboard dragontears and thanks for checking in. What areas to do you like to fish???

I am on the West Coast and have fished just about every Pier from San Francisco to San Diego. I am also familiar with many parts of Baja, Texas, Alabama, Florida, NC, SC, Virginia and MD.[cool]
[signature]
hi tuben2,i been known to pier fish once and awhile.i mainly fish from a boat,float tube.
[signature]
With the price of gas these days and the cost of maintaining a boat, it is almost a glorified title to be a pier rat.[cool]
[signature]
hi every one i am new to the saltwater fishing but i live in fl and go every sat out to the pier from 3pm to about 230 am if you have any tips on bait or test let me know thanks dave
[signature]
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing with us.

As far as bait goes, I have found from personal experience that Squid seems to be a universal bait on all the US coast lines. You may be able to get a hold of some Mackerel or Menhaden over there. Just use them as cut bait on your hook.

What kind of rigs and what species are you targeting???[cool]
[signature]
i am going for snook,red fish and pompino i went out sat and used a pompino rig with a 3 oz weight at the bottom and caught a 15in flounder . on live shrimp
[signature]
Way to go. I love to hear happy Pier stories.[cool]
[signature]
Hello again!
It has been a while since I have had the time to get online and enjoy this site. I miss the tips and talk. Just wanted to let you all know I didnt die or anything! LOL! tubeN2 you had sent me an email about submitting our product for a field evaluation. Could you give me more info on how to go about doing that? I would like to submit a couple for that and a contest give away. Let me know ok?
Thanks alot and keep your lines tight!
Keith17701
[signature]
Welcome back. I'm glad you found your way home. I will send you a Private Message in the morning about the evaluation and we can set up a contest too.[cool]
[signature]
whats up everyone im new to the boards just signed up today,i fish off of so-cal piers (redondo,seal,newport,even oceanside)i also fish 1-3 day trips off of h&m landing or point loma(great summertime fishing).lately when i have gone pier fishing ive been catching a bunch of croaker,and a few sharks off of oceanside pier.... early morning/late afternoon are the best time with shrimp bait= a fun time.
[signature]
Welcome aboard there neighbor. I fish all the piers from San Dawg to San Luis Obispo. I do alot of the boats out of Long Beach on up.

Pierpoint Landing, LA Harbor Sportfishing, 22nd st Landing, Redondo, Oxnard and Santa Barbara.

There are a lot of fish to catch in "Our" back yard.[cool]
[signature]
i fished locally on pierpoint,and berth 55,and maybe once at la harbor but you can only catch enough sand bass,yellow tail,and barracuda.i am more of a deep sea fisherman 1-3 day trips hunting longfin and other assorted tuna is more my type of fishing.
[signature]
We do some special excursions out of Channel Islands.

Lately the Tuna are in range of a 2 day. They are in some odd water though.[cool]
[signature]
Would like to know if west coast fishing for flounder is any different then east coast. We use a egg wt. then a leader about 1 to 2ft. with a size 6 or 4 hook. Also do you have good runs of trout and red fish. I'v never been to the west coast. If you fish any different for different fish that we have here maybe I could try something a little different for the fun of it..
[signature]
[font "Arial"][black][size 3]Hello TubeN2,[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 3] My name is Paul and I live in the State of Maine(or is it insanity?) This is my first post to the message boards in quite a long time, due to medical reasons(recent below the knee amputee and Kidney Dialysis) [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 3] Since I don't have a boat I am left to fish from piers, shore, docks, etc. Fishing is my passion, which unfortunately I have not been able to do as much as I would like. Should you know of anyone looking to get rid of a fishing boat really cheap, please let me know.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 3] Fishing saltwater is my favorite type of fishing, especially for Striped Bass, but I also enjoy fishing for Bluefish, Mackeral, or any other saltwater game fish.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 3]Well, that's enough for now. I look forward to getting on here more often, and doing more posting. Thanks for the time and take care! Tight lines & Good times![/size][/font]
[signature]
sounds like the same rig most people use for halibut over here in the west coast.... at least in so cal.as for redfish we dont have them here i think thier only caught in the gulf and theeast coast.we do catch fresh water trout not salt water trout like before i think thier only caught in east coast and the gulf.
[signature]