Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Report 4/25/07
Well Curt(bassmasterND) and I tried our luck out at Nelson Lake last week and here are a few pics of what we came up with. It was a great day of fishing but it was so windy! Here are a few pics we took while we were out.

first one of the day
[Image: bass1-1.jpg]

caught on a manns crankbait
[Image: bass3-1.jpg]

first bass on my white terminator jig Smile
[Image: bass2-1.jpg]

curts huge fish
[Image: curtsbass1.jpg]

heres the biggest of the day i caught right when the sun was going down
[Image: bass4-1.jpg]
[signature]
[Smile]Nice fish TooPuretodie! That is quite a lunker you have there. Did you get the fishes measurements? if you got length and girth you can use the formula Lg x Lg x girth divided by 1200. My biggest in ND is around 4.5lbs. As for florida thats another story.

Curt, that boat of yours looks pretty nice. All you need to buy is a little outboard motor. If you look hard enough you could find one around where you live. I bought mine in bismark off the fishingbuddy classifieds. Picked up my motor for 350 dollars. With a motor you could get where ever you want. It would only cost you around $150 to install a depth finder. Your boat can be a great bass boat.[Wink]

AS for you toopuretodie, keep looking in the classifieds and find you a little boat and trailer. there are tons of deals around.

Toopuretodie are you going to fish in the tournament on Saturday?

I can't wait, I think the weather won't be as nice as it was last weekend but I think it will still be a good tournament.

These are some pics of Sunday, my buddy and I hit the bank for some fishing, we caught around 13 bass, nothing the size you guys caught
[signature]
haha i've been slacking on measurments ect. [Tongue] the last 2 times i went out to nelson i didn't bring anything with me to measure the fish and yeah it got the best of me.

that next night i went out with one of my friends and caught my biggest out of there. thats my profile picture that shows up under my username. when i pulled that fish up it was crazy because it had a huge head and a huge mouth that i could fit my fist in. but all i could do was take pictures because i wasn't going to keep a big fish like that [cool] and i don't even want to start throwing out weights to everyone haha because they will prob think i'm full of it.

and yeah i'm still looking for something i could buy to get me around. as for the tournament, i would love to. but i'd also love to have a new ranger boat for it haha but i dont see that happening. i wouldnt have a problem with the tournament if it wasnt for my lack of boat because i know it would be a lot of fun. so i dont know really know what i'd do. too bad you cant fish the tournament with a tube [Tongue]

those pics you got are some really nice fish. it's good to see others who bass fish around north dakota [Smile]
[signature]
Cool report bro! That was a monster bass "curt" caught! LOL [sly] (sorry man, gotta pick on you) Looks like you guys did have a great trip.

I've got a bass boat i'll sell you for 2000 bucks, boat motor and trailer. It's a '94 Polar Craft Bass America (exactly like a bass tracker). 25 HP motor, live well, runs perfect and has been well maintained. The only problem is I don't know how to get it to you. [Tongue]

Na, i'm thinking about buying a pontoon boat, but I can't make up my mind. I want something that the whole family can fit on and still have plenty of room to include a big cooler, grill, and fishing equipment. I mean, wouldn't it be sweet to be able to grill a steak right on the boat? [cool]
[signature]
hahaha

oh man, grilling steaks, now that would be sweet. ha i guess for now i'll have to figure out how to do it on my tube [Tongue]
[signature]
Haha I like my HUGE fish too![Wink]

James the boat that I have wasnt very impressive that day. We get to the boat ramp and we load it into the water and we hook up my trolling motor to the battery and there is nothing. So we go hook it up to my car battery and it works so we had a dead battery[pirate] So we just used the oars. That worked fine for awhile but it was really windy that day, so I had a little sports bag with me so we put 2 huge rocks in the bag and zipped it shut and used that for an anchor! It worked perfect[Wink]

We do have a little boat motor from when my dad had a boat way back in the day but we havent tried using it. It still has gas in it from when he was a kid haha.

But all we pretty much need is that trolling motor. The boat is my dad's and its pretty much whatever he says goes.

I'll post up some other pictures tonight.
[signature]