Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your go to bait for spring?
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][shocked]Holy crap. Sounds like the next time I go down to SoCal I need to take my fishing gear![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
carrying the extra luggage.If you bring your gear out, it is truly worth the inconvenience of carrying the extra luggage. Only 1 rule though, my toys need to go back when you are done playing with them. [Smile] Deal??[cool]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][cool]The big ones don't taste that good anyways.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Well then come on over. It's time to play.[cool]
[signature]
I thought it would be about time to break out a quarter ounce chartruse spinner bait today and didnt even get a chaser. Put on a watermelon seed fluke and started wacking um. I used to have alot of luck on spinner baits in the spring, maybe my retrieves changed over the years?
[signature]
[url "http://www.extremelures.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=54"][Image: Thumb_lasliderparent.jpg][/url]
[signature]
[inline "rainbow bait.jpg"]

That's what I caught my spring lunker LMB on, the one I used looks more like a baby rainbow without the flashy stripe, just a hint of pink.[Smile]
[signature]
A white super fluke always produces fish for me. That's in cold Pa. water.
[signature]
Nice Bass bro and Welcome aboard. It looks like you have a qualifier there.[cool]
[signature]
I just pulled out my Zoom Brush Hogs. 6in blk/red glitter. I'm given them a shake tomorrow at the lake.[cool]
[signature]
This your first time using them tube? I was thinking about trying them in my secret ceek on a texas rig. Crawfish work awesome back there som anything that looks like it came out of the swamp Im sure would work. Tell me how they do! Matt
[signature]
Not the first time using them. I have been using the black and junebug colors so far.
I keep the blk/red for the right time of year. We just had 2 days in a row with 100 to 102 temps. That puts the fish into full spawn mode. Once in spawn mode, blk/red is the ticket after 9:am.

From sunup to 9:am I throw the craws and then get em pissed off with the Terminator double bladed black/chad buzz bait.[cool]
[signature]
Their all about off the beds here now, but Im sure some of those big girls would tear one of those things up in the creek. What color would you suggest for muddy water? Ive been having alot of luck off green pumpkinseed.
[signature]
Pumkin seed, blue junebug, or solid black. Those tend to be my go to colors for stained or murkey water.

Now if you are talking full on can't see squat brown and muddy water, I use the Chatanooga tournament Red Sizzle Craw with the 0/2 rattle insert.[cool]
[signature]
I think Im gona try a red crawl with an insert next time. You can see you lure about 4-5 inches under the water if it hasent rained in a week. If we have a drought like last summer the water gets clear enough that you can actually see fish in their with polorized glasses! Normally theres no way you can see a fish out there unless its a big gar up on the top.
[signature]
Thats a sweet bass you got there. I agree fluke are always in my box for spring, white and shad color. So far this year they haven't wanted it, were last year I killed with them.[crazy]
[signature]