Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowley Lake
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Opening day report by unknown reporter:[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]CROWLEY LAKE [/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]OPENING DAY REPORT [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]It was 28 degrees at 6 am and 80 degress at 2 pm on the lake and everyone was in Tee shirts and bathing suits. Even saw about 10 kids swimming near Sandy in the 55 degree water![/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I arrived at 10 am and it was as buggy as mid summer. The bait dunkers did well early but not after the hatches started so it wasn't the wholesale carnage I expected but the bad news is a bunch of fish much bigger than average for opening day are no longer residing in the lake including Browns and Cutthroats.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I fished half way between Sandy and the McGee parking lot in 15 ft of water and it was slow steady but managed 8 fish in a little over 2 hours. Many of the fish were suspended at 9 ft and others on the bottom. I could have fished harder and longer and more places but it was soooo nice just to be out there sticking some fish I didn't want to leave. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]DAY AFTER OPENING DAY REPORT [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Three spots are producing . .. half way between McGee parking lot and Sandy Point in 12-14 ft of water, north side of Sandy Point, 12-13 ft of water, west side inside of floating bathroom in 8ft of water , all using primarily red stuff like red/black Optitiger, blood worms and Gold Head Purple Zebras. Off to Belize to chase Permit and Tarpon - back May10. Watch for hosted trip offeings here for next season later in summer. This place is way cool. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]