Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain or Shine, Trout Derby for Kids "Tomarrow"
ON MARCH 15 2003 THE LA CITY RECREATION & PARKS DEPT. WITH THE DANIEL HERNANDEZ YOUTH FOUNDATION AND THE D.F.G. AQUATIC EDUCATION PROGRAM "FISHING IN THE CITY" WILL BE HOSTING A FAMILY FISHING DAY AT LINCOLN PARK IN LOS ANGELES AT 3501 VALLEY BLVD. L.A. 90031. THIS EVENT WILL BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY AND WELCOME IN THE "SPRING" SEASON. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO CHILDREN BY CATEGORY. SEVERAL ELECTED OFFICIAL'S FROM STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE SCHEDULED TO ATTEND, SO COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT, AND MAYBE SHARE SOME "POSITIVE THOUGHTS" TO OUR ELECTED OFFICIAL'S, AND SHOW THEM HOW IMPORTANT AND MEANINGFULL THIS SPORT MEANS TO US, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FOR OUR FUTURE. REGISTRATION STARTS AT 7:00AM EVENT STARTS AT 8:00AM AND ENDS AT 12:00PM WEIGH IN'S AT 1:00PM. IF YOU HAVE ANY DONATIONS OR WILL LIKE TO HELP AT THIS EVENT, E-MAIL: lltfish2000@yahoo.com and leave your info for contact.
thank's for your intrest and support.
Mark.

Thanks,Mike H,and Mike R,for stepping up to the plate for this event...It will be a "Absolutly Great Time,And A Billion Thanks for your attendance....See you tomarrow.!!!Any bigfishtackle,adults that bring there children,come see me for a fishing perk' to add to your tacklebox!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Houdy Bro!

I can see thsat you are staying busy with the kids again this year. Great job to have working with kids. Hope it turns out to be a great day for you and the kids. I also hope somone gets some pic's to post here for all to see!

I got some of your fishing perk" from layear in my box. I will be giving them some workout next month down in Port Aransas.

Are them dillows ready for that mad dash to the tournament? If not make sure your mode of transpertation is ready! The tournament starts reg at 8AM fishing at 10AM! on the 12th.
[signature]
Well,Thanks to all that attended the "Great Soak-A-Fest",beyond the adverse and brutal rain,175 Kids Still registered,and A very difficult plan went successful.Overall Those in attendance truly are Blessed with the divine gift of sacrifice.For Myself,being there at the questionable weather,conditions,"IT was all worth it,when at 6:00am a Parent running with boy and girl in hand sloshing WET,said,"Is this Derby still going to happen?" For the last 2 weeks,thats all my children been talking about! As "I' said to them "of course it is"the glow of those kids expressions,was absolutely priceless,that "Words cannot even describe"It reminded me how important,as a child "How the little'st of events and outings,when,as shared as a "Family" Truly made all time stand still,just the innocent,"focus"of a moment that they will remember for the rest of there lives.I guess "We are, all kids at heart" but "We still can remember"And thats Why "I" belive the "love",of why, we do the things we do,and to share that kind of friendship with "friend's" that were in attandance physicaly or were in attandance in spirit,from a far,I can only give thanks,to "One" that shine's above,to share this world with such "Careing Friends"as in reference to "You All".And, You Know Who You Are,And This Is Why We Are "ALL" In This Family...This Was Truly The Test.Thank's To All,I Can Have No Greater,Friends,and Family, Than the One's that are here ,beyond the text......