Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphite fishing rod repair
Kent, I don't have any experience with the innercast rods, but I have a couple of suggestions.

The first thing that I would try is to make some sort of hook that could reach into the tip and maybe lift the wire through the tip. Now without knowing exactly what the tip is like on your rod, I can only guess what will work. I would try using a paperclip and twisting it into a cork screw shape if you can and reach it into the tip and twist it, hopefully grabbing the loose wire inside and coaxing it out. You will probably want to sharpen the tip so it has a better chance to pick up the wire.

If all else fails you could try to remove the tip like you mentioned. Most tips are put on with either hot glue type stuff or 5 minute epoxy, both of which can be heated to remove tip. Since the tip on the innercast is bigger, it has more surface area for glue to grip to. But if you are careful, you should be able to remove the tip without damaging the tip wrap and finish. Just heat it and give it a twist. First try a small amount of heat from a lighter and then increase the heat until it comes lose. Your graphite rod should be able to resist the heat required to break the bond, but be careful. If you can't get it off without damaging the tip wrap, I will help you wrap it again, it isn't too hard to do as long as we can match the thread color.

Let me know if you have any luck.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Graphite fishing rod repair - by kentofnsl - 03-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Graphite fishing rod repair - by plecopterahopper - 03-15-2003, 09:07 PM