Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Bassin!
[size 1] [/size] [center]This was the first time I hit this lake with my tube this year and the fishing was great. I went along with my friend Mike (toopuretodie) and we had a great day. The wind was roaring. It was from 15-30 mph but that didnt bother us too much, only when we were kicking against the wind.

We found bass scattered all over the lake. The water was only in the 60s and that meant the bass were in prespawn mode and moving in towards the shallows. My first bass I caught over by the dam in about 6 feet of water right along a weedline that was on the bottom. He nailed a 1/4oz black and blue strike king jig with a craw trailer. Nice looking fish just plump with eggs.
[/center] [center] [inline bass2.jpg][/center]

Even though it was windy I was trying to get a tan[Tongue] It was a solid 3lb fish.

We continued and worked our way around the lake when Mike connected with 2 bass that he caught on a berkley 7" watermelon ribbontail worm on a drop off of about 8ft. (didnt take any pictures of them, but they were both 3lbs)

We worked our way into a back bay on the northern end of the lake. The water temperature was warmer back here, it was about 64 degrees. The bass were definetly getting ready to spawn. As we were going into the back bay there is the round little bend that leads into the bay. The water along this little corner was 1 to 2 feet. Mike was pitching the same ribbon tail worm and I had on 6" a straight tail berkley worm in the natural color with a chartruese tip on the end with a 1/4oz weight. I was first to connect with this nice 4lb fish.
[center] [inline bass1.jpg][/center] [left]Bass hit right against the shoreline. This big girl was just full of eggs. We both continued to catch a few more big girls along this bank on worms and one on a Manns baby 1 crankbait. It was getting late so we made a few more casts and then left.

It was such a great day even with the wind! We havent caught fish like in this lake in about 3 years. It was awesome to know big fish are still in here. I'm hoping this action will continue!

All bass were released! CATCH AND RELEASE!![cool]

-Curt[/left]
[signature]
Looks like spring has arrived. [Smile][Smile] Real nice fish.Let the games begin.
[signature]
Good job, nice fish. It sure looks like better weather in N.D. than here in Utah.
[signature]
Way to go Bassmaster. That's how we give a report around here. I'm getting ready to head back out to my lake tomorrow and Sunday.

I have to find out what happened to a few of my baby Gurls after the last Tournament a couple of weeks ago.[cool]
[signature]
Nice report! That 4 pounder was a very nice looking fish, again those northern strain largemouth seem to have better markings that the florida bass we got down here. Funny the bass were completely off the beds when I went out today. I did see some small schools of fry on a few beds but all the mommas where right off the edge of the slop watching the bluegill get their spawn on. I caught a few off a watermelon seed fluke, one nice looking 3 pound buck bass. I bet he was bedded up with a big girl a few weeks ago!
[signature]
its funny to hear that the bass are already off the beds down there. theyve jbarely started here as weve only had 3 or so days over 60deg up here so far. and yeah the colors on that bass are so bright and contrasted. gorgeous.
[signature]